Maintain a healthier lifestyle!
Explore Natural Products recommended by Top Health Experts.
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am diabetic/ Male/67 years on medicine glipizide and metformin hydrochloride 500 mg twice a day. From past 3 months my sugar test of fasting is ok but PP is coming around 270. Should I change my medicine. please help.

2 Doctors Answered
Do not change without reviewing your lifestyle. Read more about Diabetes management from the internet and try to implement good habits in daily routine (consistent efforts will pay rich dividends!). Learn yoga and pranayam which can help to fine-tune your metabolism and overall health and fitness. Learn it from an expert so that you can reap the benefits much faster than expected. If you have any complaints that are persistent then you can add Homeopathy. You can contact me for a detailed consultation if interested.
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. When diabetes is well controlled, fasting glucose should be around 100 mg or < 100 mg, PP 150 to 160 mg & HbA1c% <6.8. If you have not been able to achieve these levels, then the current treatment is not adequate. Needs to be upgraded. Plus you will have to give a closer look at the diet and exercise being done daily. Because apart from drugs these two play a major role in helping proper glucose control. Thanks.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.