My bro age 64 diabetic all of sudden suffered with heavy dysentery loose motion with vomiting for infection and due to that severe body de hydration so as per Dr. he was admitted to hospital. Salin and anti biotic was given but urine stopped and Dr. says both kidneys are choked. LASIK was given twice but no use creatinine shoot upto 8.dr started 1st dialysis for 2 hours, little urine passes renal report shows creative 6 and blood urea 84, next day 2nd dialysis done for 3 .5 hour, urine passes little thrice total to hardly 300 ml. They wait for one day now today they will do blood new reports and will decide next action on next dialysis. He is now on restriction liquid consumption. Now I want to know after how many dialysis he will be alright? Is we are on right track? And how much urine he should pass daily as normal man? Do his kidneys are damaged permanently or it will be normal as our Dr. assured us? Don’t we have to do dialysis regularly. We are very much worried.

Hello, Dialysis is a supportive therapy and will not cure the kidney. Kidney recovers on its own once the insulting factor is removed, which typically takes 3 weeks. He may require further dialysis till his urine output is adequate and clincal parameters are acceptable which is to be decided by treating nephrologist.