- High homocysteine levels could be hereditary, due to high intake of meat, deficiency of folate, vit b12 & b6 or due to kidney problem
- high level is a cardiac risk factor
- reduce intake of non veg if you have more, substitute with other sources of proteins such as egg white, soya products, legumes, milk & milk products
- take folate, vit b6& b12 supplements if levels of these vitamins are low
- have adequate fluids & water for proper functioning of kidneys.
Yes it is .it will weaken your heart. Avoid eating red meat and dairy products. Do some workout on daily basis. Restrict alcohol and smoking.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis and Heart Attack treatment