Flutee 60 MG Capsule
This medicine is primarily used for the treatment of major depression; treatment of binge-eating and vomiting in patients with moderate-to-severe bulimia nervosa;. It is also used for treating obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Flutee 60 MG Capsule is used for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), depression, sudden panic attacks, bulimia (eating disorder) and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (symptoms of tension, irritability and depression before menstruation). The medication can improve your sleep, mood, appetite as well as the energy level.
It belongs to the drug group known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). It works by increasing the serotonin amount in your body, which is a natural substance present in your brain that helps in maintaining mental balance.
Flutee 60 MG Capsule dosage will depend on your present health condition and how your body reacts to the first dose. Your doctor may prescribe a low dose initially and then increase it gradually.
It is advised not to stop the medication abruptly without consulting your doctor, as there is a possibility of experiencing withdrawal symptoms such as mood changes, dizziness, anxiety, confusion, agitation or irritability. It may take 4-5 weeks and sometimes even longer for Flutee 60 MG Capsule to show its full effectiveness.
You can suffer from mild side effects like nervousness, nausea, dry mouth, weakness, drowsiness and decreased sexual performance while taking Flutee 60 MG Capsule. You can consult your doctor if they refuse to go away after some time. However, there can be some serious side effects too in some cases that require immediate medical attention:
- Allergic reaction to the medicine, causing difficulty in breathing, rashes, hives, swelling of the face and lips
- Pain in the eyes or blurry vision
- Palpitations or faster heart rate
- Seizures, tremors, hallucinations or suicidal tendencies
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
Flutee 60 MG Capsule can make you feel drowsy or dizzy. It is advised not to drive or do any other activity that requires your complete concentration. In case you are an elderly patient, be careful when you are getting up from a sitting or sleeping position to avoid a sudden fall. Also, you must avoid alcohol while you are under this medication.
This medicine is used for treating the following conditions:
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (Ocd)
Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
How long is the duration of effect?The effect of this medicine lasts for an average duration of 12 to 14 days.
What is the onset of action?The peak effect of this medicine can be observed in 6 to 8 hours.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?This medicine is not recommended for use during pregnancy unless absolutely necessary. Consult your doctor about the potential benefits and risks before deciding to take this medicine.
Is it habit forming?No habit forming tendency has been reported
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?This medicine is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless absolutely necessary. Consult your doctor about the potential benefits and risks before deciding to take this medicine. Monitoring of undesired effects like colic, fussiness, and drowsiness is necessary.
Does this affect kidney function?Dosing adjustment in renal impairment:
- Single dose studies: Pharmacokinetics of fluoxetine and norfluoxetine were similar among subjects with all levels of impaired renal function, including anephric patients on chronic hemodialysis.
- Chronic administration: Additional accumulation of fluoxetine or norfluoxetine may occur in patients with severely impaired renal function.
- Hemodialysis: Not removed by hemodialysis.
Does this affect liver function?Dosing adjustment in renal impairment:Elimination half-life of fluoxetine is prolonged in patients with hepatic impairment; a lower or less frequent dose of fluoxetine should be used in these patients.
- Cirrhosis patients: Administer a lower dose or less frequent dosing interval.
- Compensated cirrhosis without ascites: Administer 50% of normal dose.
Is It safe with alcohol?Consumption of alcohol must be avoided.
Missed Dose instructionsTake the missed dose as soon as you remember. If its almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed dose.
Overdose instructionsSeek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
This medication belongs to the class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. It works by inhibiting the reuptake of serotonin thus increasing its concentration in the brain and helps in reducing the symptoms.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol
Interaction with Lab Test
Interaction with Medicine
- CYP2D6 enzyme substrate (minor), CYP3A3/4 enzyme substrate; CYP2C9 enzyme inducer; CYP1A2, 2C19, 2D6, and 3A3/4 enzyme inhibitor.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule inhibits the metabolism of tricyclic antidepressants (amitriptyline, desipramine, imipramine, nortriptyline) resulting is elevated serum levels; if combination is warranted, a low dose of TCA (10-25 mg/day) should be utilized.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule may cause hyponatremia; additive hyponatremic effects may be seen with combined use of a loop diuretic (bumetanide, furosemide, torsemide); monitor for hyponatremia.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule inhibits the reuptake of serotonin; combined use with a serotonin agonist (buspirone) may cause serotonin syndrome.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule may inhibit the metabolism of carbamazepine resulting in increased carbamazepine levels and toxicity; monitor for altered CBZ response.
- Cyproheptadine, a serotonin antagonist may inhibit the effects of serotonin reuptake inhibitors (Flutee 60 MG Capsule); monitor for altered antidepressant response.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule inhibits the metabolism of dextromethorphan; visual hallucinations occurred in a patient receiving this combination; monitor for serotonin syndrome.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule may inhibit the metabolism of haloperidol and cause extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS); monitor patients for EPS if combination is utilized.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule should not be used with nonselective MAOIs (isocarboxazid, phenelzine). Fatal reactions have been reported. Wait 5 weeks after stopping Flutee 60 MG Capsule before starting an MAOI and 2 weeks after stopping an MAOI before starting Flutee 60 MG Capsule.
- Patients receiving Flutee 60 MG Capsule and lithium have developed neurotoxicity. If combination is used, monitor for neurotoxicity.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule may inhibit the metabolism of metoprolol and propranolol resulting in cardiac toxicity; monitor for bradycardia, hypotension, and heart failure if combination is used.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule inhibits the reuptake of serotonin; combined use with other drugs which inhibit the reuptake (nefazodone, sibutramine) may cause serotonin syndrome. Monitor patient for altered response with nefazodone; avoid sibutramine combination.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule inhibits the metabolism of phenytoin and may result in phenytoin toxicity; monitor for phenytoin toxicity (ataxia, confusion, dizziness, nystagmus, involuntary muscle movement).
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule has been reported to cause mania or hypertension when combined with selegiline; this combination is best avoided.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule may inhibit the metabolism of lovastatin and simvastatin resulting in myositis and rhabdomyolysis; these combinations are best avoided.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule combined with tramadol (serotonergic effects) may cause serotonin syndrome; monitor.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule may inhibit the metabolism of trazodone resulting in increased toxicity; monitor.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule inhibits the reuptake of serotonin; combination with tryptophan, a serotonin precursor, may cause agitation and restlessness; this combination is best avoided.
- Flutee 60 MG Capsule may alter the hypoprothombinemic response to warfarin; monitor.
Interaction with Disease
DepressionUse with caution the patients suffering from depression and other psychiatric disorders due to the increased risk of suicidal thoughts especially at the beginning of the treatment and at the time of dose change. Discontinue the medicine and inform the doctor if these symptoms appear.glaucoma or history of glaucoma due to the risk of increasing the intraocular pressure.
Interaction with Food
Ques: What is Flutee 60 MG Capsule?
Ques: What is Flutee 60 MG Capsule used for?
Ques: Does Flutee 60 MG Capsule cause sleepiness?
Ques: Does Flutee 60 MG Capsule cause weight gain?
Ques: Does Flutee 60 MG Capsule make you tired?
Ques: How long can I take Flutee 60 MG Capsule for?
Ques: Does Flutee 60 MG Capsule cause nausea?
Ques: Can I take Flutee 60 MG Capsule with paracetamol?
Ques: Can I take Flutee 60 MG Capsule with birth control pills?
Ques: Is Flutee 60 MG Capsule addictive?
Ques: Is Flutee 60 MG Capsule safe in pregnancy?
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.