Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr
Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr is an antidepressant that is used in the treatment of various mental disorders such as OCD, depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). In some cases, Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr is also used in the treatment of hot flashes and night sweats that comes from menopause.
On using Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr the common side effects that you may experience are dryness of the mouth, reduced appetite, drowsiness, insomnia, problems with ejaculation, agitation, chest pain, skin rash, difficulty in breathing, lightheadedness, dizziness, fast or irregular heartbeat, fever, restlessness, speech problems, blurred vision, acidity, abdominal pain, cough, darkening of the urine and shakiness.
Notify your doctor immediately if you have suicidal thoughts, hallucinations, coordination issues and convulsion. Before using this medicine, tell your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant, or are planning to become pregnant,
- Breastfeeding a baby.
- Low sodium levels.
- History of seizures or epilepsy.
- History of glaucoma.
- Liver, heart or kidney diseases.
- Taking any prescriptive or over the counter drugs, herbal medications or dietary supplements. As interaction with certain drugs especially anti-inflammatory ones such as NSAID may cause certain harmful reactions.
The dosage for Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr will be prescribed by your doctor as per your medical history, age, gender, the current medical condition and what reactions you have after the first course of medicine. Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr is available in both tablet and liquid form. Generally the usual dose in adults is about 20 mg (tablet/suspension) orally once in a day.
Take exactly as directed (do not increase dose or frequency); may take 2-3 weeks to achieve desired results; may cause physical and/or psychological dependence. Take in the morning to reduce the incidence of insomnia.
Maintain adequate hydration (2-3 L/day of fluids unless instructed to restrict fluid intake). Report persistent insomnia or excessive daytime sedation; muscle cramping, tremors, weakness, or change in gait; chest pain, palpitations, or rapid heartbeat.
Symptoms of Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr overdose include nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, sinus tachycardia, and dilated pupils. There are no specific antidotes, following attempts at decontamination, treatment is supportive and symptomatic; forced diuresis, dialysis, and hemoperfusion are unlikely to be beneficial.
The medication is primarily used for the following conditions:
DepressionThis medicine is used for the treatment of acute episodes of depression associated with chemical imbalance in the brain.
Social Anxiety DisorderThis medicine is used for the treatment of a mental condition characterized by an abnormal fear during normal social situations.
Panic DisorderThis medicine is used for the treatment of panic disorder and associated symptoms like overwhelming anxiety and fear coupled with increased heart rate, trembling, numbness and tingling sensation.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (Ocd)This medicine is used for the treatment of a disorder where a person is driven to do compulsive tasks caused by obsessive thoughts.
Postmenopausal SymptomsThis medicine is used to treat symptoms like anxiety, mood swings, fear etc associated with menopause in women.
Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)This medicine is not recommended for use while a MAOI medicine (Rasagiline/Selegiline/methylene blue etc.) is being consumed. This medicine should be consumed at least 14 days after stopping the use of MAOI medicines.
ThioridazineThis medicine is not recommended for use if the patient is taking Thioridazine (medicine used to treat schizophrenia).
PimozideThis medicine is not recommended for use if the patient is taking Pimozide (anti psychotic medicine).
Side effects that might occur after the consumption of this medicine include:
How long is the duration of effect?The time for which this medicine remains effective in the body is not clearly established. Dosing, duration and the condition for which this medicine is given determine the effective time duration.
What is the onset of action?The effect of this medicine is cumulative and may take months to show. It varies depending on the intended use and the dosing.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?Use of this medicine by pregnant women is not recommended as the risk of adverse effect on the fetus is very high. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy while taking this medicine.
Is it habit forming?No habit forming tendencies were reported.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?Use of this medicine by breastfeeding women is not recommended unless necessary. If necessary, your doctor may advise you to stop breastfeeding before treatment with this medicine is initiated.
Is It safe with alcohol?It is found that consumption of alcohol is unsafe with this medicine.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?This medicine may cause side effects which affects the alertness of the patient. Thus driving must be avoided if you are taking this medicine.
Does this affect kidney function?Caution in patients with kidney disease is needed. Adjustment of dose might be needed. Kindly consult your doctor before taking this medication.
Does this affect liver function?Caution in patients with liver disease is needed. Adjustment of dose might be needed. Kindly consult your doctor before taking this medication.
Missed Dose instructionsTake the missed dose as soon as you remember. If the next scheduled dose is less than 4 hours away, then the missed dose should be skipped.
Overdose instructionsContact a doctor immediately if an overdose with this medicine is suspected. Symptoms of an overdose may include agitation, hallucinations, convulsions, nausea, drowsiness, fast or slow heartbeat, and convulsions.
Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, chemically unrelated to tricyclic, tetracyclic, or other antidepressants; presumably, the inhibition of serotonin reuptake from brain synapse stimulated serotonin activity in the brain.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol
Interaction with Lab Test
Interaction with Medicine
- Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr may cause hyponatremia. Additive hyponatremic effects may be seen with combined use of a loop diuretic (bumetanide, furosemide, torsemide); monitor for hyponatremia.
- Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr inhibits the reuptake of serotonin. Combined use with a serotonin agonist (buspirone) may cause serotonin syndrome.
- Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr inhibits the metabolism of dextromethorphan; visual hallucinations occurred in a patient receiving this combination; monitor for serotonin syndrome.
- Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr may inhibit the metabolism of haloperidol and cause extrapyramidal symptoms (EPS); monitor patients for EPS if combination is utilized.
- Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr should not be used with nonselective MAOIs (isocarboxazid, phenelzine). Fatal reactions have been reported. Wait two weeks after stopping fluoxetine before starting an MAOI and two weeks after stopping an MAOI before starting fluoxetine.
- Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr inhibits the reuptake of serotonin; combined use with other drugs which inhibit the reuptake (nefazodone, sibutramine) may cause serotonin syndrome. Monitor patient for altered response with nefazodone; avoid sibutramine combination.
- Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr has been reported to cause mania or hypertension when combined with selegiline; this combination is best avoided.
- Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr combined with tramadol (serotonergic effects) may cause serotonin syndrome; monitor.
- Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr may alter the hypoprothombinemic response to warfarin; monitor.
- Cimetidine may reduce the first-pass metabolism of Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr resulting in elevated paroxetine serum concentrations; consider an alternative H2 antagonist.
Interaction with Disease
- Potential for a severe reaction, when used with MAO inhibitors - serotonin syndrome (hyperthermia, muscular rigidity, mental status changes/agitation, autonomic instability), may occur.
- May precipitate a shift to mania or hypomania in patients with bipolar disease.
- Has a low potential to impair cognitive or motor performance - caution operating hazardous machinery or driving.
- Low potential for sedation or anticholinergic effects relative to cyclic antidepressants.
- Use caution in patients with depression, particularly if suicidal risk may be present.
- Use caution in patients with a previous seizure disorder or condition predisposing to seizures such as brain damage, alcoholism, or concurrent therapy with other drugs which lower the seizure threshold.
- Use with caution in patients with hepatic or dysfunction and in elderly patients. May cause hyponatremia/SIADH.
- Use with caution in patients at risk of bleeding or receiving anticoagulant therapy - may cause impairment in platelet aggregation.
- Use with caution in patients with renal insufficiency or other concurrent illness (due to limited experience).
- May cause or exacerbate sexual dysfunction.
Ques: After how many days of taking Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr will I start feeling better?
Ques: Can Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr affect my sex life?
Ques: What is the effect of Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr on children?
Ques: I have been taking tamoxifen for breast cancer. Can I take Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr with it?
Ques: Do I need to be careful while taking Depxet 25Mg Tablet Cr if I am a diabetic?
Paroxetinet-Drug Information Portal [Internet].druginfo.nlm.nih.gov 2022 [Cited 7 June 2022].Available from:https://druginfo.nlm.nih.gov/drugportal/name/paroxetine
Paroxetine-DrugBank Online [Internet].go.drugbank.com 2022 [Cited 7 June 2022].Available from:https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB00715
PAROXETINE tablet,solution-DailyMed [Internet].dailymed.nlm.nih.gov 2022 [Cited 7 June 2022].Available from:https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/search.cfm?labeltype=all&query=PAROXETINE
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.