Hiccups since 7 days. Cough since 7 days. My dad went to shabarimala place where he climbed a hill of 7-8 kms, he is a cardiac patient and he is operated with stent 3 years back. He is diabetic since 8 yrs. After coming from shabarimala he had fever with chills and that day hiccups lasted for 1-2 hrs only. From next day he is having continuous hiccups. For which we consulted cardiologist and also gastroenterologist. They conducted all tests and all r normal. We have taken pantoprazole (other related drugs) and other drugs like sucralfate and baclofen for 3 days but no relief. So he had given perinorm oral evn then no relief. And for cough he was given clavam 625 and ascoril LS. Evn after 7 doses of clavam cough was subsiding. So pulmonologist changed the drug. He gave doxycycline (doxtyl) and deletus -D and also nebulization with levolin and budecort since 2 days. After starting doxycycline he had motions watery in consistency, for which he was given metrogyl 400 mg tid and redotil BD and sporlac tid. Not under standing wat to do.

Please Ask him to take deep inspiration, hold for few seconds, release slowly. Do it repeatedly, it will help to stop hiccups. Give Tab Dompan SR 5 1 on empty stomach Tab yastimadhu by Himalaya 10 1 1 Sy ulgel A 2 tsf three times a day Tab trika 7 0.5 mg Half tab in the morning and 1 tab at nt Consult me again till he feels better.