Cough is a sudden reflex to clear throat and the airways. Coughing can be sign of a disease as well. It can be caused by pollutants, smoking, allergies, asthma, common cold, influenza or severe conditions like heart failure, lung cancer and tuberculosis. Cough is easily curable but if it persists for more than three weeks it becomes a chronic cough.
HOW IS COUGH DIAGNOSED?
Honey reduces the irritation in throat and soothes it by coating the throat.
Cough is the sudden exhalation of air from the lungs you make to clear the breathing passage which includes foreign particles, microbes, mucus and fluids. If you tend to cough a lot, then it can be due to any sort of disease which may require you to get immediate medical appointment with your doctor.
A dry cough is a type of cough which is caused from infection or trauma and can effectively make it uncomfortable for you to breathe. Dry cough is a symptom for mild to dangerous disease and can cause serious medical condition which would need some treatment from dry cough.
Whooping cough is caused by an infection from bacteria known as Bordetella Pertussis and can be prevented by a vaccine. The cough treatment required for whooping cough is severe and hence it is called by the name “whooping cough”.
There are many home remedies for dry cough and cough syrup available in the market. It is advised that you consume only the cough syrup recommended by your doctor. Some home based cough remedies for cough treatment are given below:
1. Honey- It is the oldest home remedies for cough and dry cough. It is most commonly used in cough syrups and contains analgesic property to eliminate mucus thus relieving your throat. The most ideal cough treatment method is to use honey with warm milk just before sleep.
2. Turmeric- It contains curcumin used in cough syrup and can give you relief from dry cough. It is anti viral, anti bacterial and anti inflammatory and hence used as cough remedies in cold season.
3. Ginger- It is a common form of natural analgesic and is effectively used for cough treatment in home remedies for dry cough. It is also commonly used in cough syrup. If you or any other people coughing during the night can use ginger just before going to sleep.
4. Garlic- It has allicin and is antibacterial and antiviral. It has anti microbial features and effectively used for cough treatment in home remedies for dry cough and other cough treatment.
5. Lemon –The citric acid in the lemon reduces the mucus and hence is used for cough treatment for dry cough. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties and is considered as one of the best home cough treatment by people coughing till late at night.
6. Steam is also useful for home remedies for cough and can be done at home. Steam helps to loosen the mucus and phlegm and gives relief to those people coughing and unable to do their urgent work.
7. Garage Salt water helps to treat dry cough through osmosis and helps reduce the swelling caused due to mucus, considered good for cough treatment.
Lybrate gives you the ultimate chance to treat dry cough directly at your home and gives the best consultation in the industry. Lybrate offers you details about the best guidance of general physicians in Thoothukudi, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam, Bangalore, Pune. Subscribe to Lybrate to know more about the process of staying healthy and cure cough at home to stay fit.