Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My husband has been hurting constant for 3 days in his upper and lower back. He says his legs have been tingling with that numb feeling he is 39 years old and never felt any pain like this before it brings him to tears! I give him a massage and from my finding he has some awful places in his upper and lower back that when I touched it almost brought him to the ground. What is wrong with his back? Should he go to the e.r or just treat this as a pulled muscle or pinched nerve? He usually takes pain well but these past 3 days he just can't get comfortable to even drive the car. How ling should he take this pain before giving in and going to the e.r. Thank you.

1 Doctor Answered
If this has happened suddenly and he also is developing difficulty in walking, please go to the emergency as soon as possible and consult with a neurologist. Better to be safe than miss out on any potentially dangerous progression of the problem.
2 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.