Five Causes of Numb Penis and How to Regain Sensation
What's going on downstairs can tell a man a lot about what's going on in his body as a whole. When dealing with a loss of penile sensation, there are several things that could be at work. Some causes can be easily remedied, but others can be more serious and require medical attention. Also, take note that numbness can also be accompanied by other symptoms like pins-and-needles, coldness in the penis, color change, or an additional loss of sensation in the testicles and perineum. Be sure to track all symptoms in order to find out which of the causes below is most likely.
1) Injuries - An injury can result in a numb penis. This results from receiving damage to certain blood vessels. Playing sports, bumping into the corner of a cabinet, or getting a blow to the genital region can result in an injury that causes loss of penile sensation. Other injuries, like those sustained by vigorous sex or masturbation, can also cause injury, especially as the member is erect when it happens. Use of a penile pump can also cause injury.
2) Nerve Issues - Several medical conditions have a side effect called neuropathy. This is when a limb or appendage can go numb. The appendage can also experience extreme coldness or burn and feel like needles are stabbing the area. Conditions like diabetes, multiple sclerosis, lupus, vascular disease, and some cancers carry this risk.
3) Lifestyle - It's hard to believe, but some lifestyle choices can also cause a numb penis. Wearing tight clothes, riding a bicycle, or sitting for too long can put pressure on the penis and lead to an injury. Soaps and detergents can also sometimes cause irritation, redness, and rash on penile skin leading to loss of sensation.
4) Peyronie's Disease - While pretty rare, Peyronie's disease is associated with loss of penile sensation. An accumulation of scar tissue, called plaque, within the penis typifies this disease. The scar tissue can be less sensitive than regular penile tissue, so some people experience desensitization or numbness.
5) Prostate Cancer - The prostate is an important part of the male body. It produces the fluid that carries sperm and helps to push it out during release. A tumor on the prostate can lead to numbness and tingling in the penis. Also, men suffering from this may have trouble urinating or feel the urge to urinate more as a result.
How to Regain Sensation in a Numb Penis?
In the case of serious matters such as cancer and neuropathy, men should give attention to the underlying disease state before treating the symptom, in this case, a numb penis. See a medical professional for diagnosis and treatment.
For less serious matters, men can regain the loss of sensation in several ways. For lifestyle changes, wear looser fabrics, especially in the genital region. When sitting for long periods of time, try to get up and walk around for five minutes just to get circulation going. For bicyclists, find a comfortable seat and be aware of how much time is being spent in the saddle.
or those men who may suffer from occasional "overuse," take a sabbatical from intimacy for a few days or longer until sensation returns. In the case of self-pleasure, be mindful of the tightness of grip as progressive tightness can have long-term repercussions. Be sure to give the penis proper daily care by gently washing it with a nonabrasive cleanser and warm water. Follow up cleansing with a specially formulated penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) daily. Nutrient creams that are designed specifically for the penis should contain nutrients and vitamins A, C, D, and E, which are noted for their skin-soothing and healing properties. Men should also look for a moisturizer containing a natural hydrator such as Shea butter, which calms irritated skin on contact and leaves it hydrated, supple and less prone to future drying and redness. Also, a creme with L-Carnitine is optimal for men experiencing a numb penis because it promotes penis sensitivity and well-being.
One of the most loved Bollywood actresses, Anushka Sharma, has reportedly been diagnosed with bulging disc, more commonly known as a slipped disc or a protruding disc.
As per the media reports, the actress, who has been busy promoting her upcoming movie ‘Sui Dhaga’, has been advised rest by doctors.
So , let’s take a look at the symptoms, causes and treatment of bulging disc.
A bulging disc happens when the tough outer layer of the disc bulges into the spinal canal. It is one of the most common spine injuries which can occur in your lumbar spine (lower back), cervical spine (neck) or thoracic spine (upper and mid-back).
The symptoms of bulging disc can vary on the basis of the location and severity of the condition. There is a possibility that a person suffering from a slipped disc does not have any signs till the bulging area does not press against a nearby nerve.
A person, however, may feel severe pain if the spinal nerve is pressurised by displaced disc material.
The signs of bulging disc may include:
The most common sign of the disease is intense pain radiating to the hips, buttocks, legs and feet due to damaged disc. In the cervical spine, pain can radiate from the neck, down the arm and to the fingers. The other signs are numbness, weakness, tingling and muscle spasms.
Causes of a bulging disc:
Among the most common reasons for a bulging disc are injury, wear-and-tear, ageing, excess body weight, severe trauma, etc.
Genetics may also be the reason for developing this condition. People with family history of degenerative spine conditions are more prone this disease.
What are the treatments?
People who are diagnosed with a bulging disc are generally recommended treatments that relieve its symptoms. These treatments include warm compresses, exercises, medication and rest.
If the condition of the patient does not improve even after the above mentioned measures, the doctor will advise surgery.
How to prevent a bulging disc?
Bulging disc can not be entirely prevented but you can be physically active, do some back strengthening exercises and yoga to reduce the chances of suffering from it.
We hope the condition of Anushka is not severe and she soon returns to her full-fledged schedule to keep us enthralled with her flawless on screen performances. Wish her a speedy recovery !