Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am in depression but my family doesn't understand my pain and doesn't allow me for a treatment as according to them psychiatrist are for mental. From last 1 year I am trying suffering from depression I once visited a doctor in lucknow with my friend and the doctor prescribed me 2 medicines one was Flunil 10 mg and second was alinol 20 mg. But my family disallowed me to take medicines as according to them these are high power drugs and later can be a necessity taking it.

1 Doctor Answered
Tell your family psychiatrist s treat not only psychosis, when people may lose in touch with reality, but also common disorders like anxiety, depression, stress, insomnia, adjustment problems, etc come under psychiatric disorders. Many lives have been lost or affected due to STIGMA held by family members and caregivers. You family needs to be properly educated and guided by someone.
5 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.