I am 66 years old being diabetic and hypertensive. My three average Hb1c is 7.1 recently. I am advised one dietician to take vinegar and honey with water daily morning to get reduced my over weight (93 kgs) and to feel good. Whether honey can be taken being diabetic. There are difference of opinions between doctors regarding using of honey. What is your opinion?

Hi your hba1c% looks fairly good, it means blood sugar is in good control. However, honey in diabetes is not advisable, particularly if the quantity is more. A few ml is fine. You have not mentioned what is the quantity advised. Your bmi 29.96 kgs/m2 is closer to be grade 1 obesity. Hence, weight reduction is a must. I have no idea about honey and vinegar helping in weight reduction, but proper dietary restriction, taking exact amount of calories based on ideal body weight (67 kgs), plus regular exercise of at least 1 hour a day, cutting down high carb diet will be more beneficial. Once your weight goes down, diabetes control will be much better. Thanks for the question.