Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi.
You have mentioned backache as your problem. If you have only localized backache with no other associated symptoms like radiating leg pain
, paresthesias etc, and no systemic symptoms like fever
, loss of appetite, loss of weight etc, my advice to you for initial 2-3 weeks will be: - to maintain proper posture while working and sleeping
- if pain
is more then you can take a short course of an anti-inflammatory medication like tab etoshine
or even tab paracetamol
which suits you
- intensive physical therapy initially under supervision of a trained physiotherapist
and then to continue at home
- adequate calcium & vitamin d intake if levels are low in body
- ice packs can applied 3-4 times in a day
- analgesic spray for local application like dynapar
qps spray can be used and is easily available.
- avoid lifting heavyweight/ acute forward bending in mornings etc if you do not improve in 2-3 weeks with this conservative management, we will need to evaluate you further in form of dynamic x rays to look for any instability as a cause for pain and some blood investigations to rule out any deficiencies etc. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. Thanks & regards