I am hypertensive from 2 years. I was earlier taking metoprolol and clindapene but it stopped working now. I am observing high bp [165+/77] in morning. Recently my doctor prescribed me ctd tam but still my mornings are restless. Please suggest.

Lifestyle and diet modifications also play an important role in managing hypertension. So if you don't have any cardiac problem then should go for brisk walking for 45 minutes per day, atleast 5 days in a week. Calculate your bmi (weight in kg divided by height in metre square) if the value is above 23, then you should reduce weight to bring the bmi value below 23. One kg weight reduction will decrease the blood pressure by 1 mm hg. Diet modifications i.e. Dash diet (dietary approach to stop hypertension) include more of green leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet. Decrease salt intake. Coming to medications, new medications will take time to reduce the blood pressure like a week or two. So check your blood pressure after 2 weeks of starting new medications.