My wife is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis with RA factor 149. She is taking her allopathy course but still do faces swelling and pain in some or the other joints almost daily. But should she do at that time to reduce pain and what are the exercises to be done in this disease.

My wife is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis with RA fa...
Dear Lybrate User, *Diet for rheumatoid arthritis is very important in the treatment. Rheumatoid arthritis is a complex and chronic disease, involving many systems. In Ayurvedic treatment for rheumatoid arthritis, diet advice is as important as Panchakarma therapy and the Ayurvedic medicines. Since Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disease (long-standing), the dietary restrictions are to be observed for a long period of time as well. *Healthy eating habit: *Avoid: Curd,Fishes,A green leafy vegetable called Indian spinach [Basella rubra ] is to be avoided. *Contaminated water, cold water, frozen food stuff *avoid High fat meet, mutton etc. *Food that are heavy to digest, deep-fried stuff, junk foods, aerated drinks. *In Rheumatoid arthritis, oil massage is not advised.