I am diabetic for 20 years. Insulin dependent, high bp. Under control. Suffering with gastric trouble. How to control gastric trouble. Nexpro L using but no relief. Sugest.

I am diabetic for 20 years. Insulin dependent, high bp. U...
Mr T Subba Rao, are you having T1 or T2 DM? By referring as 'Insulin dependent" you mean, to control sugar levels along with oral drugs Insulin injections are also being used is it? Any way, If your fasting level is closer to 100 mg and PP around 150 to 160 mg and HbA1c% <7, then the disease is in good control. Gastric trouble is very non specific description. Are you having hyperacidity or belching with gaseousness or burning sensation in the epigastric region ? What is the problem? Most often hyperacidity occurs due to a number of reasons like over weight, smoking, alcoholism, eating too much of spicy food, remaining hungry for very long time, irregular food habits etc. To control this you should develop regular food habits, eat a small quantity every 2 to 3 hours, avoid spicy, oily and too sweet foods. Refrain from smoking and alcohol. Remain erect afer food for at least 2 to 3 hours. Avoid taking pain killers and other drugs which initiate gastric secretions. Use antacids if need be.