My father has diabetes from 8years But his sugar is high from last 6months I. E. Nearly 350-400 He is taking diapride m2 tablet daily twice So can you suggest any better tablet for him.

My father has diabetes from 8years
But his sugar is high ...
Diabetes, often referred to by doctors as diabetes mellitus, describes a group of metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar), either because insulin production is inadequate, or because the body's cells do not respond properly to insulin, or both. It is a difficult task to control blood sugar in the desired normal range. Whatever we eat is metabolised to sugar in the body to provide energy for our daily activities. For the absolute control, one has to monitor his / her blood sugar at regular intervals (Self-Monitoring of Blood glucose – SMBG). Though difficult, this can be done by a glucometer and keep a record. Get an idea of Fasting sugar (FBS) and 2 hours after food (PPBS), & HbA1C (inform me) and check before dinner and after every major food. The basic idea is to reduce the food intake to 1/3 of what you take now. The dictum of sugar control is diet, exercise, diet + medicine and at later stage medicine+ Insulin will be needed. There are different diet plans of varying calories for each person depending on his activity & life style. For sugar control there is the need for regular advice and follow up. Just one time consultation or advice is not enough to guide a diabetic in scientifically & medically correct manner. For giving you regular follow up you ask me with all details like your daily eating pattern and medicines you take. I assure you a proper guidance... if you keep in touch personally.