I am diabetic for almost 4 years. I am 36 year old and went through acute pancreatitis surgery in 2012. I was advised pioplus 2 and gliptagreat tablet for the control of diabetes. Both medicines were used for 2 months and sugar was controlled. I quit medicine. I know it was a mistake. Now my sugar is raised again so I continued pioplus 2 and gliptagreat tablet. Both twice a day as I was taking in past. My levels are improving. However, many people said that gliptagreat should not be taken if you are treated with acute pancreatitis. Is it true? If yes, what should I take as an alternative?

Hi. Yes, certain group of medicines including vildagliptin are better to be avoided in a person with previous pancreatic diseases or surgeries. And at the same time, it is not ideal to take pioglitazone for a long time. So, better consult an endocrinologist and take proper guidance and treatment to maintain your sugar levels and prevent complications. If required, insulin is better option compared to oral medications. Take care.
First of all you should be measure your blood sugar level fasting, pp, and random, and reporting me.