Around 4 months back I was suffering from slight right hip pain for which sometimes I took tab. Voveran which improved the symptoms. After one month while standing suddenly I felt moderate pain in my lower back, I somehow managed to get along with it but I could not walk properly & felt great difficulty. I took Inj. Voveran BD for 5 days at home but finally on day 5 my symptoms worsened with immense pain in right hip. I visited hospital minute was given Inj. Myoril, Inj. Tramadol, Inj. Voveran and advised MRI. Next day my MRI revealed L3-S1 diffuse disc bulge, dessication, Small Annular Tear & right slight cord compression. My blood reports revealed severe Vit D and B12 deficiency. After taking almost 2 months strict bed rest, Vit. D/B12 supplements, Inj. PiroxicamX5, Inj. DepomedrolX2, Tab Feldex OD, Tab.LyricaTDS and Tab. MyospazTDS my symptoms got almost normal and finally I was able to walk but I still have mild lumbar discomfort & weakness in right leg. Now should I go for SXR or CST?

Hello, From the very precise history what you have given you have been diagnosed with intervertebral disc prolapse with cord compression. Now this is like a mechanical block obstructing the spinal cord (or nerve root), which cannot be removed or decreased with only medicines. The meds what you have taken help reduce the nerve irritation and the nerve swelling caused due to disc prolapse that's the reason why your symptoms have reduced. Every time there is stress on the back, your symptoms will reappear again because the prolapsed disc is still persists. Surgery is adviced depending on how much of a cord compression is there and your symptoms. If the compression is not severe, then life style modification is adviced. Reducing your weight also helps for your height of 182 cm your about 20 kg over weight. Back strengthening exercises will help. I would be in a better position to advise if I could see the MRI SCAN.