Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Orthopedists online in Hubli-Dharwad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shyam Bhairi
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam BhairiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shyam Bhairi to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Sir swell is in the joint of tibio-fibula and foot ...it swells a little ...daily for 5-6 hrs.. I wore a creppe bandage there ...but for 2 days. ..the pain was in two legs ..the swollen fout a little much ...so how can I treat???
There are many structures in the lumbar spine that can cause pain. Any kind of trouble to the nerves and veins that goes through the spine, joint issues, the disks themselves, the bones and the muscles - would all be able to act as a cause behind the pain.
Numerous lumbar spine conditions are interrelated. For instance, an unstable joint can lead to disk degeneration, which can put weight on the nerve roots and cause the disk to collapse at times. The following are the main reasons behind the lumbar disk pain:
- Problems in the muscles: The biggest reason behind lumbar disk pain is muscle strain or other muscle issues. Strain because of truly difficult work, twisting, or different activities that can put pressure on your spine like heavy lifting, cause the disk to rupture or slip at times.
- Disk degeneration: Intervertebral disks are pads that are spongy and act as shock absorbers. This can cause pain in your disk. This condition can be referred to with many names, however, is famously known as degenerative disk disease.
- Lumbar Disk Herniation: Herniated disks are most common reasons behind the lumbar disk pain. A herniated disk may be caused all of a sudden because of damage to the spine or truly difficult work or happen gradually as a form of general wear and tear in the spine. Leg pain (sciatica) is the most widely recognized symptom of a herniated disk.
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction: The sacroiliac joint, which attaches to the base of the lumbar spine and the tip of the tailbone, can cause lumbar disk pain or even sciatic pain if there is any kind of fracture in the joint that allows for movement or rather, limits any particular movement.
- Spondylolisthesis: Spondylolisthesis happens when one vertebra slips behind the other or underneath it. The slip most normally happens in the lower lumbar vertebrae (e.g. L4 –L5 or L5 – S1). In case that the slipped vertebra presses the nerve root at that point, it can bring about shooting leg pain and gradually foot pain as well.
There are certain ways in which this problem can be treated to a certain extent. These methods are as follows:
- Common medications: Muscle relaxants. This solution works as an anti-depressant of the nervous system and expands as well as relaxes the tense muscles, easing pain from muscle stiffness or fits
- Back supports: A few patients find that a back support can be used to bring comfort and gradually diminish the pain. There is some proof that using a brace every day, can speed up the healing process and lessen the pain. A back support may likewise be useful after back surgery.
- Back Braces: Epidural steroid infusion. This infusion includes a steroid inserted specifically into the external piece of the dural sac, which surrounds the spinal chord. An x-ray, called fluoroscopy, is utilized to control the needle in the right area. The objective of the infusion is to soothe the pain by decreasing irritation around a compressed nerve root.
Do you suffer from neck pain? Do you sit for long hours without backrest and are used to terrible pains in the neck at the end of the day? Neck pains are very common in people of all age. Though they have various reasons for developing, their solutions can be sometimes the same. If you are suffering from neck pain, then you can try these simple methods and ease it.
- Drink lots of water: This is quite interesting. Not many know that a person is born with their spinal cord made of eighty percent water. As we age, the water content reduces and the spinal discs regenerate. For those who have neck pains originating from the spinal cord, they should particularly drink lots of water to maintain a hydrated body.
- Use Mobile Phones Cautiously: Sometimes we are unconscious of the fact that we support our mobile phones with our neck to keep our hands free. This puts a strain on our neck causing it to ache very often. In fact, it also affects the muscles of the neck. This can be a serious cause of chronic neck pain and thus it is advised that one keeps track of how they are holding and using their phones, especially during long conversations.
- Visit a Physiotherapist: Visiting a physiotherapist is one of the earliest treatments that you can undertake to get quick and easy neck pain relief. The physiotherapists have lots of tricks up their sleeves to provide a quick remedy for your pains. Their treatment also helps in strengthening the neck muscles apart from reducing pain.
- Ice-Therapy: Usually when it comes to pains, we think of using a hot water bag to soothe the pain. But, interestingly, at times ice-therapy might also help in reducing pains. You can take some ice cubes, crush them and put them in the bag and hold it against the affected area or use an ice bag directly. This helps in calming the muscles and reducing your discomfort.
- Acupuncture: It is a very advanced and critical form of alternative treatment. Acupuncture must always be undertaken by professionals. Administered in the correct manner, it would help you. But if something goes wrong it can lead to dire consequences.
Thus, these are some of the quick and easy ways to reduce your neck pain discomfort. However, it is recommended that if the pain persists one should go and visit a doctor.