Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hello, My mother is having some hardness in a specific area at lower back. By touching one feels a hardness. Now she is having pain in that area. Please let me know whether we should consult a doctor. Or what type of treatment we should go for?

2 Doctors Answered
These are muscle knotting, called trigger points. Can try physiotherapy, if fails will need trigger point injection.
You should consult a spine specialist for this. Spine Rehabilitation & microstimulation can help in such cases.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.