Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My grandma is 91. She is suffering from loose motion. Can she take the Loperamide HCl tablet twice a day till she becomes better?

3 Doctors Answered
Hi, Use sporelac and ors don't use loperamide, use ORS. If not controlled take her to hospital and IV fluids to be given for severe dehydration.
Yes you can give her but along with it give her lots of fluids to drink so that she should not dehydrate means ors solutions to give ok and also give her tab bifilac 2 times a day for 3 days ok.
Hi see give loperamide 1 or 2 tablet, if it is iess in frequency then continue it otherwise ofloxacin and metronidazole combined antibiotic is helpful to grandma .you give her twice a day consult doctor for better treatment. If check BP with your doctor. Elecral powder is also helpful. You can give home remedies like curd, buttermilk, pomegranate, coffee etc. Thanks. Takecare of your granny give feedback for better evaluation.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.