27 years experience
Ask Free Question
- You can follow some lifestyle measures including a salt restricted diet, a regular exercise regime, lower stress levels
- have a well balanced diet with more of fruits & vegetables, whole grains instead of refined grains, low fat milk & dairy products, protein foods, like seafood, soya products, beans, lentils, pulses, healthy fats as in olive or canola or sun flower oil for cooking, seafood, avocados
- avoid fried, processed & junk foods, also restrict tea, coffee intake to 1-2 cups per day, avoid alcohol & smoking if you do
- do regular exercise like brisk walking, jogging, swimming, yoga, deep breathing & medication which is very beneficial in calming your mind & thus reduce BP, be regular in your exercise routine
- destress by sleeping well for 7-8 hrs at night, reading, listening to music, following a hobby
- keep weight under control, monitor BP regularly.
3 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.