Dear sir. I am facing severe depression. And I am working on it by reading about CBT and now I am reading "Feeling Good - How to overcome depression book. And I want to do exercise daily. Is it helpful? And which type of exercise is good to cure depression and what type of food is good?

Dear sir. I am facing severe depression. And I am working...
Hello Mr. lybrate-user. If you are suffering from severe depression I would recommend a consultation with a mental health professional at the earliest. It is commendable that you are taking measures to overcome depression but these activities are not therapeutic. After a detailed assessment discuss with your psychiatrist / counsellor about various anti depressants available for your condition. In my experience a combination of medicines and therapy works the best. Thanks and best luck.
Avoid call phone& spend time with family members. Do not be alone. Make busy schedules. Do yoga meditation. Eat healthy foods& sleep well .take care.