My pressure is 158/61 seen in omron after taking olmax20 at night. I have been suggested to take cardace2. 5 along with it. Amlodipine results in edema. I am 72.

Hi YES you should take these medications and You need to understand about high blood pressure.  Normal range of blood pressure is between 90/60 to 140/90, anything above or below is is abnormal. Many factors can affect blood pressure, including: 1) The amount of water and salt you have in your body 2) The condition of your kidneys, nervous system, or blood vessels 3) Your hormone levels You are more likely to be told your blood pressure is too high as you get older. This is because your blood vessels become stiffer as you age. When that happens, your blood pressure goes up. High blood pressure increases your chance of having a stroke, heart attack, heart failure, kidney disease, or early death. DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. It is an eating plan that is based on research studies sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI). These studies showed that DASH lowers high blood pressure and improves levels of cholesterol. This reduces your risk of getting heart disease. The DASH Diet Emphasizes vegetables, fruits, and fat-free or low-fat dairy products. Includes whole grains, fish, poultry, beans, seeds, nuts, and vegetable oils. Limits sodium, sweets, sugary beverages, and red meats. Along with DASH, other lifestyle changes can help lower your blood pressure. They include staying at a healthy weight, exercising, and not smoking. I read your query, by the information I have in hand my advice to you would be 1) Keep a BP daily record for at least one week 2) Basic tests should be one to rule out cardiac / kidney issues 3) unless any recent evaluation has been done I would advice these test ECG ECHO Lipid Profile TSH KFT  Renal doppler  Get back to me with a detailed history and  old / new records for a better individualized advice. Check out - Simplified health explanation videos on my YouTube channel And Do not forget to Subscribe for upcoming videos.