Suffering form depression from long time, tried different antidepressants nexito, vilano currently on bupropion. Bupropion has lifted few of the symptoms but not completely. M from medical profession and read about melancholic depression and I am having most of the symptoms related to it like anhedonia, early morning awakening, depression more severe in the morning. I wanted to know, what's the success rate of melancholic depression with bupropion or other AD. Tca has got better result compared to other drugs. What about fluoxetine? Or venflaxine So shall I give a try to TCA .and any other tips in particular to melancholic depression.

Suffering form depression from long time, tried different...
Dear lybrate-user, Most antidepressants work more or less at the same level. Mostly, you go by the side-effects - whether they are acceptable by you. Both Vilazodone and Bupropion have minimal sexual side effect. Fluoxetine has more erectile dysfunction. Weight and sedation are also to be taken into account. If you can tolerate effective dose of TCA, you can try. Otherwise go for Venlafaxine. The only tip is - it is not the antidepressant. It is the duration (minimum 3-6 weeks) and dose (TCA and Venlafaxine 75 - 225 mg) of the tablet that matters.