HOW CAN I MANAGE MY diabetes ON TESTING MY HbA1C IS 6.8/PL advise PRECAUTIONS AND DIET VIJAY AHUJA.

HOW CAN I MANAGE MY diabetes ON TESTING MY HbA1C IS 6.8/P...
Hi you can go for regular brisk walks morning and evenings keep your carbohydrates and fat intake to a minimal and protein intake high keep checking your blood pressure every 6 months if you are not hypertensive. Do a fasting and post prandial sugar levels and let me know.
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. With HbA1c% 6.8, your diabetes seems to be well controlled. So whatever is being done now seems to be working well. Following things need to be followed: 1) Restricted diet, that provides exact calories based on your ideal body weight, extent of daily exercise and blood glucose levels. 2) Avoid sweets, deep fried foods, junk foods, pastries, bakery items and food s made out of maida, colas and fructose corn syrup containing products. 3) Consume more of green leafy vegetables, salads and permitted fruits (100 g a day). 4) Exercise for 1 hour every day and strive to maintain near normal weight. 5) Refrain from alcohol and smoking. To give exact diet plan I need to know all the details like present glucose levels, dietary pattern extent of physical activity and the drugs being taken with dosage. Thanks.