I am diabetic from an year but very lean n thin. My triglycerides is also high Wt. 50 kg Age 29 Ht. 157 cm Taking full precautions I.e. No sugar or any diary product, never using rice or potatoes, no packepacked snacks And using lemon with warm water in morning, Jamun seeds, fenugreek, cinnamon and suggested medicine BUT SUGAR IS NOT CONTROLLED fully. If any medicine taken for sugar control maximum a weak feel better after that sugar is near about control but health is down continuously. Currently I am taking IME9 .So please help. Give a suggestion Thanks.
20 years experience
Ask Free Question
Take proper treatment ( allopathic treatment ) for your diabetes and go for regular checkup with your doctor. Have patience and let your body heal itself with the necessary medical support. There is no need to stop anything in particular except for junk food and cold-drinks. Avoid all bad habits. Start exercising every day according to your physical fitness level. Take proper rest ( 6-8 hrs sleep). You can learn yoga ( with pranayam and meditation) as it will harmonise your mind and body and start natural healing. If required you can add Homeopathy which is a holistic science and can assist you to normalise the sugar levels in a gentle way.
46 years experience
Ask Free Question
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query.
Diabetes can be well controlled with appropriate medicines taken in correctdosage and without missing a dose. Plus dietary restriction also should be observed along with regular exercise. Fengreek seed, cinnamon are beneficial if medicatiois taken properly. If you are only on IME 9 then there is no chance of blood glucose control. You will have to take modern medicines and that drug additionally may be helpful. Thanks.
13 years experience
Ask Free Question
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease, hence the most important treatment for controlling it is to follow proper diet and lifestyle. Here is the details you must keep in mind for controlling blood sugar and its complications:
1. Maintain body weight.
2. Do not fast/ don't have a long break in meals. Instead of having three big meals, start 5-6 frequent but small meals.
3. Do regular light exercise along with meditation (stress is a major factor for uncontrolled blood sugar)
4. Take more sprouts.
5. Instead of pure curd, take diluted curd mixed with cucumber, onion (raayta).
6. Use cow milk and its products.
7. In fruits, you may take papaya, apple, orange, pear, jamun, guava in average quantity.
8. Soybean chunks, dal, and atta is good.
9. Use multi grain atta (wheat+ jau+ bajra). Avoid plain only wheat floor chapatis.
10. Sabudana khichri is good in breakfast.
11. Curd made by methi seeds is good (boil the milk with methi seeds and make curd of this).
12. Take unpolished rice more and take less white rice. 13. Strictly do not take sugar in liquid form, like shikanji, coke, but its not so harmful to take solid sugar like a piece of mithai (just as comparatively not recommended regularly). Get Regular check up of HbA1c Blood test after every three months. It will give you clear picture about your Diabetes status. Also you should visit an experienced ayurveda physician at a nearby jiva ayurveda clinic or may visit me here for online consultation if you need proper ayurvedic treatment.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Diabetes treatment