7 years experience
Ask Free Question
Hello Lybrate User,
Follow these diet and Health Tips regarding higher levels of cholesterol - * Diet - eat more fibers, eat healthy fats i.e. Nuts, olive oil, avocado all have fats that won't increase your LDL, limit cholesterol intake, i.e. Reduce high saturated fat foods like cheese, whole milk, red meats. Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, eat low salt diet.
* Quit smoking, limit alcohol and caffeine consumption.
* Do practice relaxation and breathing exercises.
* Garlic - it helps to reduce high cholesterol. In the morning take a small piece of garlic and crush it and take with glass of water. The garlic contains allicin which helps to lower high blood pressure and prevents blood clotting.
* Exercise - Do 30 - 45 minutes a day of moderate cardio. It will help s to lose weight and boosts your HDL levels.
* Drink 8 - 10 glasses of water, per day.
Take Homeopathy treatment for High Cholesterol, The goal of homeopathy is to lower high cholesterol to desired levels to prevent heart diseases. Take care.
MD - General Medicine, PG Diploma Clinical Cardiology
16 years experience
Ask Free Question
Food which has to be avoided in your case is all fried food. Ice cream. Sweets, Artificial sugars and food rich in fat. You are advised to take low fat, low sugar. Low salt diet and do brisk walk regularly for 30 min daily.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Hypercholesterolemia treatment