Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Venu Kumari provides answers that are knowledgeable, professional, practical and sensible. Thank U doctor for giving a professional and sensible solution for my skin problems. I know it will come again after 6 months or so. I was informed that chemical peeling will help to show the skin lighter from darker.
Dr. Venu Kumari provides answers that are very helpful, inspiring, nurturing and helped me improve my health. Thanks i will definitely try to implement these your suggestio konsto me
Dr. Venu Kumari provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks doctor very much for giving me an information regarding pimples and the solution tooo.thank you very much..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Venu Kumari to be very helpful, knowledgeable, caring, professional and well-reasoned. Sure we will consult
Dr. Venu Kumari provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable and professional. Thnx for explaining in a detailed way
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Venu Kumari to be knowledgeable. I find it valuable n informative.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Venu Kumari to be knowledgeable. Thanks I will follow this
Dr. Venu Kumari provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable and inspiring. Thank you...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Venu Kumari to be knowledgeable and thorough. Thank you.
Dr. Venu Kumari provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Thanks a lot doctor
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Venu Kumari to be very helpful. very help ful
Surendra Nath Gogoi
Dr. Venu Kumari provides answers that are knowledgeable. I want medical solutions
Dr. Venu Kumari provides answers that are sensible and very helpful. useful info
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Venu Kumari to be very helpful. Thanks
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Venu Kumari to be very helpful. Thanks
K. Narasimha Reddy
Dr. Venu Kumari provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks for the advice.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Venu Kumari to be practical. Thnx
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Venu Kumari to be knowledgeable.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Venu Kumari to be caring. Thanx
Dr. Venu Kumari provides answers that are very helpful. thanku mam
Dr. Venu Kumari provides answers that are well-reasoned. Thanks
Dr. Venu Kumari provides answers that are inspiring. W
Hyperpigmentation is a skin condition characterised by dark patches, occurring mainly due to excessive melanin (a skin pigment) production. This form of skin condition is not specific to any particular age group or category of people, but it is more commonly observed among people of Mediterranean, Asian, Latin, or African origin. Also, any part of your body including hands, face and neck can be affected by this condition.
Here are some of the most common factors that can cause skin hyperpigmentation.
1. Sun exposure
If your skin is exposed to sunlight for a long period of time, it can result in hyperpigmentation. It happens due to the inflammation of the skin caused by the action of UV rays present in sunlight. This skin inflammation plays a significant role in activating melanocytes (skin cells that generate melanin), giving you dark patches of skin.
2. Hormonal changes
Triggered by the consumption of a pill or pregnancy, hormonal changes in your body are also responsible for stimulating growth of melanin. This disturbance in the chemical balance of your body causes hyperpigmentation in the form of ‘melasma’ (a common skin condition characterised by grey-brown patches on skin surface).
3. Specific drugs
Sometimes hyperpigmentation is drug-induced and happens due to the effect of certain medications like antibiotics, anti-seizure drugs, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) and hormone treatments. This mainly happens due to the reaction of these drugs with melanin resulting in the formation of a drug-pigment complex that leaves dark patches on the skin.
In some cases, you can get hyperpigmentation if you have a prevailing family history of the disease. This skin condition is sometimes carried by the genes onto the next generation.
It often happens that acne leaves back scars in the form of dark spots after healing. These dark spots are most commonly termed as Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH). They occur as your skin produces excessive melanin in response to the skin infection.
6. Excessive use of chemical products
Exposing your skin to harsh chemicals, present mostly in chemical products like hair removing creams, wax etc. can result in skin inflammation resulting in Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.
Hair loss is a prime concern for many men and women these days, whether it is genetic, due to stress, bad haircare or any medical condition. But with advances in the field and adequate research, various new techniques have cropped up in the market which can combat the condition with ease. Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP, is showing impressive results in reversing hair loss.
PRP is a non-surgical therapeutic hair restoration option. It is suitable for both men and women. It is a state-of-the-art, totally natural, alternative medical procedure used for the treatment of hair loss or hair thinning. It is an injectable treatment which uses the patient’s own blood.
PRP has been in use in the medical field for two decades, and offers some promising potential for stimulating hair growth. However, no definitive studies yet exist that confirms its efficacy.
Advantages of PRP Therapy
PRP can be helpful in:
- Slowing the rate of hair loss
- Regrowing thinning hair to be thicker and full
- Boosting the health and condition of the scalp
- Stimulating collagen levels
- Preparing the scalp for hair transplantation & post hair transplantation
PRP can also assist in the treatment of skin and scalp conditions such as:
- Dry, itchy and inflamed scalp
- Genetic hair loss
- Alopecia areata
- Telogen effluvium (commonly caused by stress)
How PRP Works?
The scalp is cleansed and numbing cream applied. While the scalp is prepared, a small amount of blood is drawn from the patient. This blood is then centrifuged to produce the Platelet Rich Plasma. The PRP component is taken from the blood and injected or infused into the scalp or areas of hair loss. Patients are able to resume normal activities after this procedure.
PRP harnesses the growth factors carried in the blood supply and then delivers a concentrated dose back to the affected scalp and hair follicles. The growth factors in the platelets stimulate the follicles to grow hair. The hair follicles in the resting phase (telogen) may be pushed into growth, and this will appear as new hair growth.
Who is a candidate for PRP?
Men or women who have early stages male or female pattern baldness are suitable candidates for PRP. It is also suitable for men or women who are currently using hair loss medications; or those who are experiencing or expect to experience post-partum hair loss. It is also suitable for those who have had or plan to have hair transplant surgery.
However, you are not a candidate for PRP if you:
- Have medical conditions such as chronic liver disease, skin diseases or cancer, metabolic and systemic disorders
- Have undergone anti-coagulation therapy
- If you have any type of platelet dysfunction syndromes
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Greying of hair occurs when the pigments which give hair its characteristic color stop working. The pigment cells present in the hair follicle produce a chemical known as melanin which is responsible for the color of the hair. Usually greying of hair begins when one reaches their mid-thirties, however, premature greying can occur in one's twenties.
These are some home remedies for treating grey hair -
1. Almond oil and lemon juice massage - Almond oil enhances the elasticity and provides nourishment to the hair. Lemon is a good source of vitamins and phosphorus which help in promoting the growth of the hair. Combining almond oil and lemon juice helps in preventing greying of hair.
2. Indian gooseberry - Indian gooseberry or amla contains high amounts of antioxidants and vitamin C which is an excellent remedy for greying hair. You can either apply amla oil or consume the fruit to reap its benefits.
3. Henna - Henna is a natural hair colorant that is used to darken the color of the hair. It also helps in strengthening the hair strands.
4. Coconut oil - Coconut oil helps in moisturizing the hair, eliminates dandruff and promotes hair growth. Coconut oil contains high amounts of antioxidants that help in treating grey hair.
5. Black tea - Black tea enhances hair strength and promotes hair growth apart from adding a natural dark hue to the hair strands. It is one of the most favored methods to treat grey hair.
6. Curry leaves - Curry leaves contain vitamin B which improves the functioning of the pigments present in the hair follicle. It also provides nourishment to the hair and limits hair fall.
7. Blackstrap molasses - It is a by-product of sugarcane that is rich in minerals such as manganese, calcium and vitamin B. It is also rich in copper that is beneficial to the hair pigment.
8. Shikakai - Shikakai, also known as 'Acacia Concinna' is a herb that helps in grey hair treatment. It restricts hair fall and promotes growth of hair.
Hair fall has become a very prevalent problem among modern men and women due to numerous reasons like a stressful lifestyle, poor diet and use of cosmetic products with harsh chemicals etc. Apart from these causes, hair fall can also happen due to various medical conditions.
Here are some of the most common causes of hair fall:
- Thyroid problems
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Scalp infections
- Poor diet
- Excessive usage of hair styling products
- Family history of hair loss
- Consumption of oral contraceptive pills
Different hair re-growth treatments are available today to curb hair loss. Some of the most effective ones among them are
- Platelet rich plasma therapy: Human blood comprises certain stem cells and growth proteins, which help in regenerating and healing tissues. This therapy involves collecting blood from your body and then centrifuging (method applied for separating substances that don't mix) it so that the plasma and platelets can be separated. Now this platelet rich blood is injected into your scalp or specific areas suffering from hair loss to restore lost hair and ensure their re-growth.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is considered to be a very effective treatment for continuous thinning of hair, baldness and hair loss in patches. In this therapy your scalp gets injected by a vitamin using an injection gun to ensure enhanced blood circulation. Improvement in circulation of blood results in your hair follicles getting better nourishment, leading to hair re-growth. Moreover, this therapy has a neutralising effect on the DHT hormone (a sex hormone that is derived from testosterone), which is often associated with baldness among men. You can observe visible results within 4 to 6 months by opting for this therapy.
- Stem cell therapy: This therapy works by replenishing the lost stem cells of the hair follicles. The process involves the scalp pores being inserted with stem cells, resulting in new hair growth. The function of stem cells here is to stimulate the mature and lifeless hair follicles, which leads to the formation of new healthy hair follicles. Generally, this therapy takes about 3 to 4 months to start the hair re-growth cycle.
- Hair Transplant: In a hair transplant surgery, hair from a denser region are transplanted to an area with lesser or no hair. The identified dense hair area is cleaned and numbed. The surgeon would then remove a 3- to 4-inch strip of skin from this region, and use this strip to create hundreds of tiny grafts. These grafts are inserted into the scalp region of lesser hair density. It takes about 6-9 months for the transplanted hair to give way to newer hair.
Caring for their look is no longer only restricted to women, men care about their looks just as much as women. In fact, it would be more suitable to say that majority of today's population cares about their looks and appearance. In an effort to look younger many men now-a-days are turning to Botox injections in order to get a more youthful appearance. There is no significant difference between Botox effects on men and women.
Here are nine things that men can expect with Botox treatment:
- A Ten Minute Procedure: The actually process of getting a Botox injection does not take longer than 10 to 15 minutes. There is no need for anesthesia and it can easily be performed as an outpatient procedure. A Botox injection is relatively pain-free.
- Get Back to Work: Botox is a procedure that you can get done even on your lunch break. Since it does not involve anesthesia of any kind, you can get straight back to the office within an hour of having the procedure. However, it is best to avoid strenuous activities and exercising for a week after the procedure.
- Quick Results: Botox results are not immediate but can be seen within 3 to 5 days of the injection being given. Optimal results can be noted 2 weeks after the process.
- Swelling and Bruising: Mild swelling is observed at the injection site, which resolves in max 1-2 hours, bruising is very rare, but if happens resolves on its own in 2-3 days maximum and can be easily concealed with light make up.
- Effects that Last 4 to 6 Months: Botox injections do make you look younger, but its effects do not last forever. The effect of Botox injections usually lasts for 4 to 6 months. After this, you will need to go through the procedure again to maintain the youthful appearance.
- Slowed Pace of Aging: Botox can also be used as a preventive measure when it comes to aging. Many men find that Botox can help prevent the formation of wrinkles and soften fine lines.
- Headaches: Though Botox injections are also a form of treatment for chronic migraines, one of the side effects of Botox is a mild headache. This should resolve itself within a few hours and is not something to worry about.
- A Few Side-Effects: Generally no untoward side effects are noted if done with the right technique, some rare side effects are drooping of eyelids which resolves on its own in 2 months.
- Compliments: 'Rested, refreshed, good'; These are some of the words you should get used to hearing when people talk about the way you look. As long as you use Botox in moderation and get the procedure done by an experienced doctor, you should be ready to look fabulous. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am a 30 years old working woman. My face complexion is very dull and dark. please suggest me how my skin will be fair and glowing. please suggest me any matte look sunscreen.
I am suffering from white hair since last two years. I am just 18 years old. Please give any medicine.
Who wouldn't want a seamless, spot free skin without having to undergo the trouble of enduring the endless assails by ointments, creams, oils and what not. Rashes, burns, abscesses, injuries, wounds, keloids and other skin traumas make the skin unsightly and rather troublesome. While skin eruptions like acnes and pimples are related to the hormonal balances in the body and the blood circulation, there are other skin blotches, which are caused due to external factors. For the formers, blood purifying medicines or palliative creams often abate the same significantly.
However, for the latter group of scars, specific treatments need to be meted out. A large variety of treatments are available for this purpose, however it is wise to first infer the nature and the source of the scar before adopting a given curative method. One practice that one needs to be mindful of is that the scars must be allowed to heal before being treated with any remedial procedures. While a large number of products and medical procedures are available for minimizing the scars, one needs to be discrete while choosing a particular product. Some of the common tactics of reducing or removing scars have been enlisted below:
- Silicone based ointments: Silicone is laden with skin healing properties and is extremely effective as an antioxidant. Thus silicone based ointments, gels or serums can prove advantageous for mitigating scars. One must use it for a prolonged period of time while at the same time taking adequate care to protect the scar from sunrays using SPF based sunscreen.
- Laser treatments: On certain occasions, one may need more than gels or creams to cure the scars. In that regard, there are a large array of surgical procedures available for grappling with specific types of skin ailments. These are most effective on indented scars. Dermal fillers, fraxels and fat grafting are skin treatment methodologies which can effectively remove scars and rejuvenate the skin.
- Letting the wounds breathe: Since a lot of wounds have an occlusive texture, piling them up with creams, oils and capsules often block the wounds and deter their healing process. Therefore, it helps to use a gentle cleanser to clean the affected area and letting air to circulate freely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Pls suggest a good skin lighten cream which does not contain hydroquinone and steroid. Pls doctor. Pls help me to get a clean skin.
I am amrita, 17 years, I have a dark skin tone, I want to fair my skin tone permanently without any side effect, if I take peels to fair my skin tone can these peels fair my skin permanently? And which was these peels name?
Dr. ive a skin problem it started from my toe I consulted skin specialist and advice to apply tenovate. With in few weeks it got cleared. Know it started again.(its a black patch) or so called dry skin only some time itching.
With oily skin, the constant feeling of stickiness, excessive pimples, and never-feels-fresh can be extremely stressful. The skin, by its nature, has oil and sebaceous glands in the underlying layers, and an excess amount of these glands can lead to skin being extremely oily. There are, however, various products available in the market that are specifically meant for oily skin types. In addition, there are various things that can be included as part of regular skin care to manage oily skin to leave you with more glowing, less oily appearance.
Read on to know more.
- Face wash: Regular cleaning, at least twice a day, is one of the best skin care regimen to manage an oily skin. Warm water and soap or a non-soap cleanser should be used to wash the face. These contain substances like benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and you might have to try a couple of products to see what would suit you best. If you have acne, benzoyl peroxide would also help control acne. In the initial days, it might cause some redness and itching, but will soon subside. Also, be careful not to overwash it in an attempt to wash off the oil constantly. This can cause dryness and irritation too. If the oiliness is too much to manage, then using blotting pads or even regular tissue paper to remove the oiliness during the day can be useful.
- Choosing cosmetics: Using oil free or water based cosmetics is more beneficial and helps control the oiliness. Also, choosing a right moisturizer and applying it rightly is very essential. The face is not evenly oily, some parts would be oilier than others. A moisturizer with petrolatum or lanolin should be avoided.
- Skin contact: With oily skin, avoid hair falling onto your face, as also hands, especially if you have nails. There is a high tendency to pick on acne which only increases the spread.
- Skin toner: An oil free, alcohol free toner can be used on the oiliest patch. This will be light on the skin and help reduce the sticky feeling. While using this, keep in mind the patches that are oily and dry and apply it only on the areas that are oily.
- Sun exposure: Limit sun exposure by using oil-free, water-based sun screen products. This is essential to block pores and provide sun protection.
- Exacerbating factors: While sebaceous glands usually become active during puberty and subside over a few years, for some, they may continue to be active into adulthood. This causes acne, and is aggravated by humid or cold weathers, stress, or by certain foods. Identify these changes and try to avoid them.
These simple, easy-to-follow measures will definitely help manage oily skin much more effectively.
The skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe and has three layers:
- Epidermis: The outermost layer
- Dermis: Lies just beneath the Epidermis
- Hypodermis: It holds the fat and connective tissue
Our skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Let us consider the following reasons for taking care of the skin.
- Free Radicals: The particles or molecules that escape from dust, pollution and other such factors in everyday urban living, settle on the skin and clog the pores. It is important to clean the skin every single day and exfoliate at least once a week with a trip to the salon or with a facial scrub at home, so that these can be removed.
- Dead Cells: The skin throws up dead cells on a daily basis, which may not be obvious to the naked eye. These need to be cleared daily as they can also clog the pores and give rise to acne, skin infection and other skin conditions, that can take a turn for the worse with ailments like Melanoma and skin cancer.
- Elasticity: One must keep the skin clean and use anti aging products in a timely manner along with a good moisturiser and sunscreen, so that the supple quality and glow is kept intact with a regular cleanse of the collagen, which can be prevented from slipping away due to neglect. This collagen keeps the elasticity of the skin which makes the skin look firm and young.
- Prevention: One must clean the skin and use skin care products that prevent premature aging and accumulation of free radicals. Prevention is better than cure and this stands true in the case of skin care as well.
- UV Rays: The powerful UV rays can hit your skin persistently and cause long term damage and sun spots. In order to lessen the damaging effect, it is important to use protective skin care products that will help in keeping freckles, age spots, brown spots, skin peeling and excessive sunburn and tanning at bay.
- Skin Problems and Allergies: Bug bites, injuries and other allergies must be taken care of instantly with a visit to the doctor or medicated creams and medication. This will ensure that the delicate texture of the skin does not get marred by possible infection.
It is important to look after your skin with a proper routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Rashes in the vulva, which might be caused due to various health problems or due to irritation on skin, usually constitute all the vaginal rashes. The vaginal rashes might be the result of non infectious conditions (it might be an allergic reaction) or it might also be the result of a sexually transmitted infection. The vulva may become red and might have sores and blisters. Many times, the vulva doesn't change color at all, but visible bumps are present in the area.
The symptoms of vaginal rashes are as follows:
- Blisters or sores
- Reddening of the vulva
- Visible bumps
- Vaginal discharge
- Pain in the pelvic region
- Painful urination with a burning feeling
- Pain while having sex
- Lice or insects in the pubic hair
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Ulcers on the groin
Although the symptoms are not usually fatal, sometimes the conditions might become life threatening. If your body temperature rises above 101oF and if you are suffering from a severe abdominal and pelvic pain, the best option is to consult a doctor immediately.
Vaginal rashes can be due both noninfectious causes as well as due to sexually transmitted infections. Some of the infectious causes are:
- Genital herpes
- Granuloma inguinale
- Human papilloma virus
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Pubic lice
- Yeast infections
Some of the noninfectious causes are:
- Allergic reactions
- Chemical irritants like soap, lubricants, creams, etc
- Lichen Simplex Chronicus
Although the vaginal rashes aren't very serious in nature, you might face certain complications like infertility, secondary or tertiary syphilis, and transmitting the infection to your partner.
Vaginal rashes are usually treated with home remedies. Here are a few treatments you could try out if you are afflicted with vaginal rashes:
- Apple cider vinegar: This particular substance is known for having antifungal and antibacterial properties. It will help you get over the itching which takes place when you are suffering with a vaginal rash. If the rash is due to a fungal or bacterial infection, then apple cider vinegar will help to clear out the infection. Wash your vagina with apple cider vinegar and warm water mixture.
- Anti-bacterial talc: Anti-bacterial talc is extremely mild to the skin. It helps to cure fungal infections but this method might take some time to cure the rash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.