Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SURUCHI PURI MEDI MAKEOVERS SKINYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Suruchi Puri provides answers that are saved my life, helped me improve my health, nurturing, professional and practical. Thanks for the information.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Suruchi Puri to be very helpful. Very Good consultation. shall surely recommend to my friends
My experience with the doctor was very good . I was told all options and treatment plan explained
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Suruchi Puri to be very helpful. Thanks
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Sweet's syndrome is when you suffer from fever as well as painful skin lesions. These skin lesions usually appear on your head, arms and neck. The cause of Sweet's syndrome is still not known. However, it is known that certain medications, illnesses and infections are a possible trigger for Sweet's syndrome. Sweet's syndrome is such a condition that the symptoms usually go away in a few days but it may come back later on. To know exactly what causes Sweet's syndrome and what the symptoms of it are, read on.
Causes and Risk Factors:
As mentioned earlier, the exact cause of Sweet's syndrome is not known. However, there are certain factors which put you more at risk of getting it than others. Here they are:
- Gender: It has been proven that women are much more likely to get Sweet's syndrome than men.
- Age: The young and the elderly are at a risk of getting Sweet's syndrome. However, if you are in between 30 and 60 years of age you are especially at risk.
- Illnesses: If you have an upper respiratory Infection or inflammatory bowel disease then you are more likely to get Sweet's syndrome compared to others. Flu-like symptoms also put you more at a risk of getting Sweet's syndrome compared to others.
- Pregnancy: It has been seen that pregnancy increases your risk of getting Sweet's syndrome.
- Drugs: As mentioned earlier, certain antibiotics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs as well as azathioprine are all linked to Sweet's syndrome.
- Small Red Bumps: As mentioned earlier, the main symptom of Sweet's syndrome is that you will develop small red bumps on your neck, arms or head. The size of the bumps tend to increase quickly and then they spread into painful clusters.
- Fever: A fever is also very symptomatic of Sweet's syndrome. The small red bumps usually appear abruptly after you get a fever.
- Upper Respiratory Infection: The small red bumps also appear abruptly after you have got an upper respiratory Infection.
I want to remove my stretch marks from knees area Approx idea about prices I mean the range Do let me know please.
I am suffering from hair loss since 2 months. I am using garner hair color in interval of 15 days. Hair oil- olive oil. How can I reduce my hair oil.
Most of us especially females who are keen for laser hair services are confused on this aspect of lasers. The big question in their mind is that the money I m spending on laser hair services is worth it or not. Most of the centers who dont have much knowledge about working principle of lasers would say or commit that one would be totally hair less on the area which laser hair machine procedure is done. Some people may also note that laser hair services are mostly done by technicians who have little or no knowledge about the machine they are handling and infact they are also not taught about basics of laser hair machine.
If a lower than optimal dose is given by this machine it may cause paradoxical hair stimulation in that area or area around the procedure. So a proper dose and tolerance equilibrium has to be done by the opeartor. Females with harmonal imbalance may respond different from females who have normal hormonal profile and hence the results would vary from patient to patient. A non usfda machine is as dangerous as any ekectrical equipment without isi control mark. The lasers ideally should be infact compulsory should be usfda approved to judge its quality and performance. The laser machine should have fluence suited for indian skin and laser should be having a chiller tip for best results
Non hormonal dependent areas like legs or arms may respond better than face area which has maximum control because of hormonal profiles. Pregnancy, stress, medication, thyroid or anaemia has a definitive control over hair cycle and hair growth
Dark black coarse and thick hair respond better than thin and blonde hair
Pigmented area with light fine hair may show less response
Areas with white hair may not respond at all. So its better to get hair reduction before you have white hair to have maximum advantage
Lasers like diode laser respond best to asian and indian skin as they have wavelength best suited for indian skin
How to reduce acne and marks of acne. I am facing acne problem from 2 years but it is going on increasing.
Sir, mere bhi body m Kai Ganth(lump) hai Jo dard to nai hote but unke no. Badh Rahe hai or mughe bahut tension ho Raha hai Kya Karun please bataiye sir.
Premature gray hairs haven’t spared even celebrities. An American reality television personality, Kylie Kristen Jenner at the age of 18 has discovered her first gray hair. Her belief is that it may be hereditary as her elder sister also experienced gray hair at the age of 20. The premature graying of hair has become quite common now and is increasing at an alarming rate.
Insight on Premature Graying
Colour producing cells produce pigments. If it stops, your hair becomes gray. Ideally, it’s a natural process with age, where the pigment production declines.
Ideal Age of Graying Hairs
Usually, Asians develop gray hair during the late 30s, while whites develop it in mid 30s. So, by the time you reach 50, you have enough of gray hairs. If anyone experiences graying prior to this age, it can be declared as premature.
Although reasons are not clearly known, common causes could be genetics, smoking habits, your diet and vitamins.
Hormonal imbalance, be it hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism, may lead to ageing.
Another reason could be your level of bone density as well as it is related to your activity level, weight, height as well as ethnicity.
Deficiency of vitamin B-12 leads to pernicious anemia, where production of red blood cells decreases. This leads to thinning and graying of hairs.
Deficiency of vitamin C and E reduce antioxidants in the body, thereby, increasing free radical activity. Hence, ageing process accelerates.
Deficiency of vitamins B5 and B9 also accelerates the ageing process as these help in the utilisation of protein in the body. Lack of vitamin B9 leads to decrease in the number of red blood cells and deoxyribonucleic acid.
Lack of zinc and copper could also lead to graying of hair.
Pituitary or thyroid gland problems can cause premature graying, which can be corrected with measures.
Smoking is one of the sources of free development of radicals in your body, which cause oxidative stress. This may lead to decline in the pigmenting capacity and melanin, which result in graying of hairs.
Consumption of junk food and processed food may increase oxidative stress and deposition of Advanced Glycation End products. This accelerates aging.
Lifestyle plays an important role in one’s life. It’s all about your appearance. Graying of hair symbolises ageing irrespective of your actual age. Of course, if it’s due to genetic factors, one cannot help it other than experience it. However, other factors are avoidable and treatable. All you need to do it eat right, have beauty sleep and avoid unwanted habits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Deodorants and antiperspirants are items of regular use all over the world. You would never want to smell bad or have sweat stains under your armpits. Hence, after using a deodorant or an antiperspirant you usually stick to it and keep on using it continuously. There is a major confusion regarding deodorants and antiperspirants, and it is important to know the major difference between these two similar items of everyday use.
Deodorant serves the function of preventing unwanted and unpleasant odour from our body. Deodorants do not prevent sweating. Body odour is caused due to the bacterial breakdown of sweat. The ingredients of a deodorant are designed especially for the elimination of the smell caused by bacteria.
The common ingredients of a deodorant are :
Organic aloe vera juice
Witch hazel water
Fir needle oil
Chamomile flower aqueous extract
Hops [CO2] extract – helps eliminate the odour
Organic Lemongrass Oil
Antiperspirants are different from deodorants, and they are designed in such a way that the body produces lesser sweat. This is done by blocking sweat from reaching the skin. The ingredients present in antiperspirants, especially aluminum, block the pores on the skin and do not allow sweat to pass through them. When an antiperspirant is applied to the skin, the aluminum salts get dissolved in the sweat under the armpit. The dissolved aluminum forms a gel, which acts like a plug on the sweat glands or pores on the skin. This stops sweat secretion. Aluminum is, however, a cancer-causing factor and may also lead to Alzheimer’s disease. Several forms of aluminum present in some antiperspirants leave yellow stains on clothes as a result of mixing with sweat.
The primary ingredients of antiperspirants are:
Aluminum Zirconium Trichlorohydrex.
C18 36 Acid Triglyceride.
People are often confused as to what to use among deodorants and antiperspirants. This depends totally on your personal choice, but it is recommended to use a product which incorporates natural ingredients instead of using chemicals such as aluminum. Hence, deodorants are considered to be safer for everyday use. However, several artificial dyes and fragrances are used as ingredients in both deodorants and antiperspirants, which cause reactions on the skin. Allergies and skin irritation also occur sometimes as a result.
I am suffering from the problem of hair fall and full body pain. I have already take the more and more medicines but can not feel relief in my body. Please tell me the solution of my this problem?
Gud evening sir my problem related to hair fall. One month before I have used castor oil mix with coconut oil luke warm massage on hair and scalp and remained for two days. After two days when I have washed the hair .so many hair is falling and till now hair falling is continuous. Please consult to me. My hair is already so thin and silky. I have so many tension. Please consult me. Thanx Regard Monika.
I wants to tell you about the problem of hair fall this problem is increasing day by day and I wants to ask you about the reason of dandruff problem in scalp please tell me the solution of my this problem so that I can feel relief in my body?
How do remove medium sized black mole and small black mole from my face? I have problems face. I have home remedies process but other size effective.
Skin care and beauty products are a multibillion dollar industry which has been known to use unscrupulous methods to ensure the success of their products. Not all of them are fraudulent as some specialist creams are known to be effective. The majority however is mostly a mixture of marketing gimmicks and very run of the mill ingredients which don't really do anything.
Let's look at a few reasons why most anti wrinkle creams don't work:
- Creams bought over the counter, barring non prescription ones, are mostly just moisturizers: When you buy a new wonder cream which is supposed to be beneficial for your skin and reduce wrinkles, all it may be doing is actually just moisturizing the skin. This results in smoother looking skin although the wrinkles are still there. This with the combination of the placebo effect makes you think it may actually be working to reduce your wrinkles.
- The use of marketing to make a product appear what it isn't: Anti-wrinkle cream manufacturers use clever ploys to market their product and make it appear as a magic solution when it isn't. Digitally enhanced photographs and the use of models that are gifted with exceptionally good skin may lure you into buying their product when it may not be effective for you at all.
- Lack of real ingredients: These creams lack the real ingredients for it to be effective anti wrinkle agents. Retinol is a regulated drug which is used in many high end creams and is known as the anti wrinkle drug. However, cheaper creams may not have any of this chemical and thus all the claims are complete hoaxes.
- Making expectations too high: The human body is meant to change throughout the years, but due to excessive and hyped marketing, many are led to believe anti wrinkle creams will work wonders on them. However, even the best cream can only do so much and thus it is important for you to have realistic expectations of any product.
- Wrinkle prevention is always easier than removing them: Leading a healthy lifestyle where you keep your body hydrated, and follow a proper diet and exercise well will do wonders for your skin. Keep your skin hydrated with light moisturizers as well and it will prevent more wrinkles from showing up. However, existing wrinkles will not go away completely but will remain minimized if you have a healthy lifestyle.
In the era of information overload, the internet is filled with thousands of beauty advices, most of which tend to do you more harm than good. It is extremely essential to do a thorough and reliable research about the pros and cons of a beauty tip that you intend to utilize.
The following are some of the most common beauty myths that have been passed down through generations:
- Myth- Shaving makes your hair grow back thicker: You must have heard a number of times that shaving tends to make your hair grow back coarser, thicker and darker. Scientific evidence proves this notion as a myth; it states that shaving neither affects the rate of your hair thickness nor its growth. Hair shafts are often thicker than the hair ends, which makes them appear thicker.
- Myth- Toothpaste aids in getting rid of pimples: Applying toothpaste on pimples is among such beauty remedies that have been doing rounds for a long time. Application of toothpaste on a pimple tends to dry your skin and irritates it. Instead of using toothpaste on pimples, it is advisable to utilize medications, which contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid and are designed to treat pimples.
- Myth- Trim you hair to make it grow faster: It is one of the most common beauty myths that everyone is aware of. Hair does not grow from its end; it grows from its root. The appearances of split ends arise due to severe hair damage, which slowly make its way towards the top of your hair. Trimming your hair on a regular basis gives your hair a healthier and fuller appearance, but it does not accelerate the rate of your hair growth.
- Myth- Cocoa butter helps in preventing stretch marks: Another widespread beauty tip, which is unfortunately a myth is that application of cocoa butter on a pregnant woman's belly throughout the course of her pregnancy will prevent the appearance of stretch marks. According to research, cocoa butter has no role in the prevention or control of stretch marks' appearance.
- Myth- Is it possible to shrink your skin pores: No matter how much you scrub or cleanse your skin; it is not possible to shrink your pores. In fact, you cannot close or open pores even if you want to. In order to give your pores a more refined look, use cleaning devices while cleansing your pores.