Last Updated: Feb 22, 2023
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't know you have them until they've blocked your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention and even hospitalization in some cases.
They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases. Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Here we discuss ayurvedic medicine & treatment to remove gallbladder stones.
Here we found out the reason behind the gallstone problem. There is a number of reason which creates gallstone conditions, especially in women.
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy.
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder.
- High cholesterol levels.
- Gallstones may be created when there is an excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues, causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such gallstones. The gallstones diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
How do you Dissolve Gallstones in Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that gets to the root cause of the gallstone disorder instead of just treating the symptoms. Ayurvedic remedies improve your overall wellbeing, in addition to treating the symptoms. The various Ayurvedic remedies for gallstone removal are:
- Diet: Following a healthy diet is one of the key measures to prevent gallstones problem. Eat a well-balanced diet that has plenty of fruits and vegetables; avoid eating foods that contain saturated fats. Fat rich foods such as nuts and seeds should be consumed in moderation.
- Exercise: Exercising regularly helps in keeping your weight in check. Cardio exercises such as swimming and running are good for your heart and overall health. Remember that obesity is a risk factor for gallbladder stones.
- Keep Diabetes in check: If you are diabetic, make sure your blood sugar levels are in check. High blood sugar may cause high-fat levels in the blood which may result in gallstones.
- Limit Stress: Stress may be a direct or an indirect cause for the formation of gallstones. Hence practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to deal with stress in an effective manner.
- Ayurvedic Herbs: Numerous ayurvedic medicine for dissolving gallstones known as cholagogues and choleretics have been found useful in preventing gallstones in traditional ayurvedic medicine. Cholagogues are herbs that stimulate the gallbladder to contract, while choleretics stimulate the liver to secrete more bile. Both these actions could help reduce the risk of developing gallstones. Turmeric, citrus fruits, dried ginger, black pepper, long pepper, hing, etc., fall under these categories.
- Table Salt Remedy: Before breakfast, on an empty stomach, take a tsp of Saindhava lavanam or ordinary table salt in a glass of hot water. After drinking this, lie down for about 45 minutes on your right side. Do this once or twice a week.
- Castor Oil: Apply castor oil pack over the gallbladder area.
- Therapeutic Procedures: Apatarpana (fasting), langhana (light diet), and virechana (mild purgation) are some of the ayurvedic therapeutic procedures that are usually advised as a part of the gallbladder stone removal treatment.
- Ayurvedic Remedies: Various ayurvedic treatment use to remove gallbladder stones and some specific Ayurvedic remedies such as Shankavati, Sootasekar ras, Pravaalpanchaamrit, Hingwaashtak choorna, Avipattikar choorna, etc., are generally prescribed to dissolve gallbladder stone. The duration of the ayurvedic treatment and dosage of these ayurvedic medicines depends on the severity of the gallstone condition. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Update From Lybrate: Stay fit and strong by consuming Health Drinks for Gallstone, available at Lybrate. Being a blend of natural ingredients, these products give a vitalizing boost of freshness.