An alkaline phosphatase level test estimates the quantity of alkaline phosphatase enzyme in someone’s blood. This is performed to determine the functioning of liver and gallbladder. Alkaline Phosphatase is an enzyme, found in blood and helps the protein breakdown. It is mainly originated in the liver, but bones, intestines, kidneys as well as pancreas also act as the source. ALP or alkaline phosphatase is generated in the placenta in case of pregnant females. The normal range of ALP in serum is 20-140IU/L, although it varies. In case of children, this normal range becomes higher, and for older people, this range decreases. Abnormal serum ALP indicates liver and gallbladder problems, and also bone-related issues. However, kidney tumor, malnutrition, intestinal or pancreatic ailment and serious infections are also indicated by abnormal alkaline phosphatase level in the bloodstream.
The test needs to draw a blood sample from the arm. Generally, this is combined with some other kidney or liver tests. The eating may interfere with the result, so the patient may have to fast for 12 hours before the test. Medications can also alter the ALP levels. Henceforth, it’s important for the patient to tell the doctor about regular or current medications.
The alkaline phosphatase test is performed to determine the functioning of liver and gallbladder and also to detect the bone-problems. Estimating ALP amount in the bloodstream is often done when the doctor observes symptoms of jaundice (yellowing of eyes and skin), nausea, vomiting, and abdominal discomfort.
1. Hepatitis (liver inflammation due to infectious as well as noninfectious reason), cirrhosis(scarring of liver), cholecystitis (gallbladder inflammation), blockage of bile ducts (due to stone, infection, or cancer) can be diagnosed (higher levels of ALP) at an early stage with the help of the ALP test. Estimating the ALP level is another way to detect the intensity of the liver damage, caused by certain medicines (e.g. Acetaminophen).
2. Bone problems like Rickets, osteomalacia, Paget’s disease, bone-tumor, and even Vitamin D deficiency can be diagnosed through ALP test (higher levels).
3. A lower level of ALP is uncommon, however, can indicate malnutrition because of vitamin & mineral deficiency or celiac disease.
The skin on the front side of the elbow is cleaned by the healthcare professional. An elastic band is wrapped around the upper arm to stop the blood flow in the vein. In this condition, the vein becomes more visible. Then a disposable syringe or needle is inserted into the vein. A small tube is attached to the needle for blood collection. The needle may cause a stinging sensation to the patient for a while. After the blood sample collection, an antiseptic gauze pad or cotton ball is placed on the area of the puncture.
All age groups
44 - 147 IU/L
Modern women want to have it all, in personal and professional life. They want to experience the joy of motherhood but not the pain associated with normal delivery. For such women, epidural analgesia during labour is a blessing. Epidural analgesia/anaesthesia is given to pregnant women during childbirth. Epidural painkillers stop the pain signals transmitted nerves from uterus. This stops the pain sensation of labour. For epidural analgesia, a catheter (small tube) is inserted into the epidural space in the spinal cord. It is through this tube that the drugs (painkillers) reach the desired nerves.
Types of Epidurals:
Epidurals can be
Merits and demerits of having an epidural--
Though epidurals make childbirth easy, one cannot overlook its demerits.
Thus, they may take longer than usual to push the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
When it comes to maintaining proper penis health, most men have a very good idea of what to do. They know all the basics of penis care, from taking care to wash properly to regularly inspecting the manhood to applying a high-quality penis health crème. But in the heat of the moment, when sexual fun is getting hot and heavy, a man might make a silly mistake. Those sexual mistakes can compromise penis health in a serious way.
Not sure what sexual mistakes might be a problem? Here's a list of the biggest issues a man might find himself doing when things are hot - and might regret when things cool off.
1. That lube isn't really lube. A man who is getting it on but suddenly realizes the need for lube might reach for whatever is handy, assuming a bottle of lube is not available - and sometimes that means he will try to use anything from shampoo or conditioner to lotion or cooking oils. Obviously these things are not meant for use as a sexual lubricant, and can lead to dry and cracked skin, irritation and more. Using lube designed specifically for the sexual purpose is always recommended.
2. The condom is too small. Though it is very important to always wrap it up before sexual activity, the wrapping itself might sometimes be the issue. Using a condom that is too small might lead to a little irritation in the heat of the moment, but a man can often ignore that for pursuit of pleasure. The aftermath is when things get rough, as the penis can develop small cuts, tears or even blisters from the use of a condom that is too tight. It pays to test out a variety of condoms to find the best fit.
3. There's been too much drinking. Sometimes a bit of inebriation can be a good thing, as it lowers inhibitions and can help both partners relax before the main event. But too much drinking can lead to serious problems, including trouble with getting it up or issues with stamina. But too much alcohol consumption can lead to even worse things, such as forgetting to use a condom or even suffering memory loss that leaves a man wondering just what happened the night before. Avoiding this is simple: don't drink too much before a bedtime romp.
4. Cleaning up is not a priority. There are plenty of bodily fluids sliding around during sexual activity, and much of that understandably winds up on a man's penis. From the natural lubrication that occurs during sex to the traces of spermicide in the condom, there can be several substances that linger. A man who doesn't clean off his penis after sex is asking for trouble, as those fluids can dry on the penis skin, leading to itching, irritation and redness, as well as a potential penis rash.
A man who pays attention to good penis care should always remember that caring for the penis extends to those moments when things are hot and heavy. Not only should a man be fully prepared for any sexual encounter, he should also be sure to take care to clean up well afterward. Maintaining good health should also include regular use of a high-quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Look for a crème that includes a multitude of vitamins and nutrients, such as vitamin A for odor-fighting properties, vitamin E to keep skin supple, and vitamin C to enhance sexual health. Amino acids such as L-arginine for blood vessel dilation and acetyl-L-carnitine for protection against peripheral nerve damage are also helpful. Combine it all in a Shea butter base and a man has the recipe for great penis health.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, your body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
Some of the most common causes of Type 2 diabetes could be:
There three major factors that can help you prevent and reverse pre- and type II diabetes: proper diet and appropriate nutritional and herbal supplementation, exercise, and weight management.