Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are infections, which are transmitted through any kind of sexual contact. The organism that causes the disease is transmitted from one person to the other during sexual intercourse.
Sometimes STDs can be asymptomatic (no symptoms or signs)
Here are some STDs that you should be informed about:
1. Gonorrhoea: Genital infection caused by bacteria is called gonorrhoea, its symptoms include
2. Chlamydia: Bacterial infection in the genital tract is called chlamydia. Chlamydia is usually difficult to diagnose, its symptoms include
3. Syphilis: The bacterium Treponema pallidum causes syphilis, its symptoms include
4. Genital Herpes: The herpes simplex virus (HSV) causes herpes. Signs and symptoms include-
6. Chancroid: Chancroid is a bacterial infection. The bacterium Haemophilus ducreyi causes chancroid, its symptoms include
7. Ectoparasitic Infections: Ectoparasitic infections are caused by small parasitic bugs like mites or lice. The parasites usually affect the hair or skin. Scabies and crabs are common parasites that cause such infections. They both cause intense itching and visible rashes.
8. Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS): The virus that causes AIDS is called HIV. It can spread through blood, vaginal fluids, semen and breast milk. Unprotected sex or sharing needles with an infected person is how the disease spreads. It includes symptoms, such as