Hi, my mother is 56 year old, has breast cancer metasted to bone. She has undergone chemotherapy. Now she is suffering with severe pain in legs and backpain. We consulted neurologist, orthopedic and and oncologist who gives her chemo. oncologist says its disc problem, not related to cancer, but she is not getting relief from medication given by neurologist or orthopedic doctor.

Hi lybrate-user, I appreciate you seeking help for your mother. Well, did you get a bone scan done for your mother yet? In case, there is bone mets, it will cause pain. Taking calcium with vitamin D3 helps. However, I would like to see her reports, present medications, treatment history etc all before making an exact prescription or advising in particular, that suitably alleviates her symptoms and quality of life. You can connect with me in private to take this further. Do take care, and all the very best. Sincerely
Dear, if oncologist has told you that it is not related to cancer, he may be right because bone metastasis makes the disease as stage iv which is very advanced. I hope you have got pet scan done which will confirm if she has bone metastasis. I will recommend bone calcifying treatment for her which should give her relief.