Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Lung Cancer
Treatment of Oral Cancer
Treatment of Liver Cancer
Treatment of Gastric Cancer
Treatment of Neurofibromatosis
Treatment of Ovarian Cancer
Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer
Treatment of Gallbladder Cancer
Treatment of Esophageal Cancer
Treatment of Colorectal Cancer
Submit a review for Dr. Pritam MohapatraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra is very approachable and always analyse things critically. One thing that i liked about him was that he never told me to get away from allopathic treatment. He was always supportive of that. Apart from that, after having experience with allopathic doctors who don't even listen to you, having conversation with Dr. Pritam for hours on the case was quite comforting for me. Now, Let's come to facts. I came in contact with Dr. Pritam 5 months back and since then our only aim was to improve lifestyle of my Father. Not only my Father is feeling energetic, his CA 19.9 levels came out to be normal in our recent investigations from CA 19.9 value of approximately 150 in March. He did provided us a blend of Homeopathy and Natural Medicine plus Diet recommendations which is very important in case of Cancer. Thank You very much Sir! Hopefully, your medicine will continue to work wonders in future.
It's being couple of month with Dr. Pritam for the treatment of my father , My father is suffering with lung cancer and i get in touch with Dr. Pritam this year, In the first call he explained me everything clearly and also motivate me always with positive response , He advise me couple of things which helped my father and he came out form the critical stage . He is such a nice guy and always concerned about the patient. Also follow up very frequently about medical condition of patient. very approachable and always analyse things critically. One thing that i liked about him was that he never told me to get away from allopathic treatment. He was always supportive of that. Thanks a lot sir for helping me and give me positive vibes everytime.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pritam Mohapatra to be prompt. Hello Doctor Pritam , you such a like angel when you came to our life.i rememberd very clearly when my father was suffering from rectum cancer with liver metastasis, when I spoke with you last year , you had given a positive hope to beat from this leathel disease , the way you handled and guided throughout during treatment it was awesome , can't explain in word . Last but not the least , thanks to you from bottom of my heart , keep going. Regard Abhinav srivastava
I was having tumors, and was worried due to this problem. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my tumors, but Dr Pritam has helped me immensely. He is very patient with all his patients. In the very first sitting, he clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. I am so much benefitted with his treatment, that i am perfectly fine now.
I came in touch with Dr. Mohapatra for problem of Neuro Fibromatosis being faced by my daughter.Doctor have tried to understand the fundamental problem and apart from medicine ,suggested very natural, easy to follow and very well proven life style. Treatment is going on with progress in positive direction. Dr. Mohapatra is very cooperative, helpful and responsive person.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pritam Mohapatra to be knowledgeable, well-reasoned, sensible and practical. Thank you doc,for your unbiased frank opinion,appreciate it.It matches my foc father in laws views of not introducing germs etc. in the body unnecessarily.
Thanks to him that the lose weight treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. The guidance Dr Mohapatra gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. The overall cleanliness in the Naturopathic Cancer Therapy was amazing. He is very talented and seasoned doctor.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pritam Mohapatra to be caring and sensible. Hi Dr, Thanks for your reply, luckily the Reports have -ve.As mentioned it would be of great help if you could sugest how to manage skin issues and pain.Thanks
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra provides answers that are prompt. Thank for your kind suggestion to me sir.. he is also going through treatment sir.. But how to prevent his leg?? Spreading over 12 cm., but he has only 24 cm long leg..
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra provides answers that are very helpful. Thankuuu for the answer.. It is of great help.. Trying to get an appointment with an oncologist in aiims... Wanted to learn whatever I can before that..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pritam Mohapatra to be very helpful. Thanks Dr. Mohapatra, very less people spend their time to consult people and that ofcourse free of cost. I appreciate that thanks a lot.
Padma Priya Kowlwar
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, helped me improve my health, caring and professional. Thank you doctor for your reply. I will consult a OB or Gynecologist soon
Krishnamurthy Pichai Iyer
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pritam Mohapatra to be very helpful. My friend to whom I conveyed the response was so happy and he said he woould do as suggested by u.Thanks agai
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra provides answers that are very helpful, professional and helped me improve my health. Well appreciable. Thanks a ton. I will do checkup soon.
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra provides answers that are very helpful, caring and professional. Thank you very much Dr. Pritam mohapatra. Really, it was helpful to me.
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you Dr. For ur precious time and suggestion it is very useful to us thank you very much
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra provides answers that are practical. It is nice suggestion and wonderful response. Thanks for your inspirational words.
Dhiraj G Mishra
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra provides answers that are professional and helped me improve my health. Dear Sir, Thanks for your valuable suggestions.
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra provides answers that are sensible and helped me improve my health. Thanks Sir for your valuable advice.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pritam Mohapatra to be knowledgeable. I hope its nt the sign of breast cancer..thank u
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra provides answers that are very helpful. As per doctor opinion immedietly we will check with urologist
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra provides answers that are very helpful. Thank u so much doc ... U were very helpful
HI, I am suffering with neurofibroma When I am 10 years a surgery is done but now I am 23 years old and the tumours increased more and more on body I want to remove the tumours so please refer a good doctor in Hyderabad or in vijayawada?
- Cancer is the most dreaded and complicated non-communicable disease, with some getting cured and some getting a prolonged life after treatment.
- The conventional cancer treatment modalities are believed to be costly, are known to have side-effects, and the disease can still relapse.
- There is an ever-increasing demand for traditional/ natural medicine (CAM) by cancer patients.
- Majority of the cancer patients, worldwide, resort to complementary and alternative medicines (CAM) -
- For reducing the side effects of conventional treatment, enhance quality of life (QOL) and improve clinical outcomes.
- Apprehension of failure - of any single line of treatment failing to arrest/ cure the disease prompts patients/ caregivers to try out multiple approaches, at times frantically, with a hope to improve prognosis.
- Most of the patients do not disclose their CAM approaches to their medical oncologists.
- The treatment plans, in a multi-dimensional scenario as mentioned above, thus are largely un-coordinated and enhances the risk of drug interactions and adverse events which can jeopardize the chances of achieving the overall treatment goals.
What is Naturopathic Integrative Oncology?
Naturopathic Integrative Oncology attempts bringing in appropriate CAM therapies that are evidence based, safe, effective and which synergistically complement the conventional treatment modalities making the treatment as a whole all the more effective through improved/ optimized clinical outcomes (especially QOL & OS) and reduced adverse events. It helps manage cancer symptoms, control side-effects of cancer therapies, improve the state of physical & mental wellbeing, and speed up recovery. An integrated approach to cancer treatment can not only help add days to the life of a patient but also can help add life to the days that a patient gets to survive.
Why Naturopathic Integrative Oncology?
- Cancer is a very complicated disease and its management presents with an enormous challenge. While the standard of care, by virtue of having demonstrated high clinical efficacy, have been chemotherapy, radiation and / or surgery, there still are treatment challenges owing to side effects, drug resistance, and irresponsiveness to conventional treatment of certain advanced stage cancers. It hence requires a strategic, well-researched, holistic & all encompassing/ integrated team based approach to control the disease even more effectively. This necessitates the use of suitable CAM therapies as an adjuvant to conventional therapy.
- Improved clinical outcomes, especially quality of life (QOL) & overall survival (OS). It facilitates patients to not only prolong survival but also live life well.
- Avert adverse events/ reactions that may result owing to an oversight of the integrative oncology essentials.
- Cost effective treatment and increased patient satisfaction. It allows a customized/ individualized integrative treatment for each patient basis his financial status, clinical history, diagnosis, current treatment regime, spiritual belief, psychological & physical adverse effects etc all.
How (& Where) can Naturopathic Integrative Oncology Help?
- Integrative Support (CAM)
- For ameliorating cancer symptoms & side effects of cancer therapies thereby improving QOL. To exemplify, anxiety, depression, cancer related pain, weakness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, hiccups, diarrhoea, gas/ flatulence, mucositis, alopecia, constipation, anorexia, cough, sleep disturbance/ insomnia, headache, anaemia, peripheral neuropathy etc all can be managed effectively using CAM therapies.
- Support, in line with the above-mentioned, can be rendered at any point during a patient’s illness to help him feel comfortable.
- Integrative Cancer Treatment (CAM) for patients who -
- Consciously choose to not go for full scale conventional treatment for whatsoever reasons.
- Have advanced malignancies which do not respond any further to conventional therapy. Such patients can seek CAM treatment for not only improving QOL but also add days to life to the extent possible contextually.
Note: However, for both the treatment categories mentioned above, should there be any severe aggravation of existing symptoms or acute health conditions, one needs to promptly seek emergency & competent medical help, as locally available, to address the same suitably.
CAM Modalities in Naturopathic Integrative Cancer Treatment:
- Diet & Nutrition/ Lifestyle
- Herbal/ Botanical medicine
- Dietary supplements/ Vitamins
- Exercise, Yoga & Meditation
- Music therapy
- Reiki/ Energy Healing
- Massage/ Reflexology
Naturopathic Integration Requirements?
It is essential on the part of the natural medicine practioner(s) to clearly understand, at least, the following key aspects (of the CAM Tx modality considered) for a favourable integration (with the ongoing conventional treatment regime) -
- Patient’s current status including his clinical history, family history, diet & lifestyle, diagnosis, treatment regime, physical/ psychological make-up, belief system, financial capability and any other explicit requirement of the patient.
- Evidence based clinical efficacy & safety profile.
- Action mechanism.
- Herb drug interactions
- Side effects
- Long term health impact
- Dosage, mode of administration & duration etc
I am having a wound under my tongue! Which happened due to biting during dinner 2 days ago. Its become white with red border 4 place under the tongue! And paining like hell! Having fever and cough also! Pain is increasing! By Doctor advised I am Taking Paracetamol 650 3 times, KEFPOD CV 2 time, Ambrolite D. Also using internal ointment that is Metrogyl cream and Dolo gel cream by mixing 3 times. But pain is not improving! Got little relief from cough. But paining the tongue horribly. I can't tolerate the pain any more. Please help me as soon as possible or suggest any pain killer tablet! Thank you!
Hello sir I'm getting lot of hard knots in my hands & it's size also big my hands looking awkward when wearing sleeveless shirts I'm not getting what do for this please give me solutions what's reason for this how to come out of this? For which department it related in medical?
Oral cancer (OC) occurs when DNA mutations develop in the cells lining the lips and the mouth cavity. It commonly affects the tongue, floor of mouth, buccal mucosa, lips, palate, gum etc all. Mostly, oral cancers are squamous cell carcinomas that begin in the squamous cells lining the lips and the inside of mouth.
Type: of oral cancer are as enumerated below -
Gender: affects the male populace predominantly. But, it can affect both male and female. It’s the commonest cancer in India currently, and accounts for a significant percentage of the total cancer mortality.
Etiology: consumption of “khaini” (tobacco & lime mix), betel nut, areca nut, slaked lime, chronic irritation due to irregular teeth, smoking, alcohol consumption, oral infection with Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) / Human Papilloma virus (HPV), nutritional deficiencies, chronic infections & poor dental/ oral hygiene are the common risk factors that can trigger oral carcinogenesis. It is noteworthy that the local effects of tobacco and alcohol are both dose-dependent and synergistic.
Features: the various presentations (of signs & symptoms) of Oral cancer are as given below –
Cheek cancer - hard and painless thickening, with an ulcer sometimes that does not heal for weeks together.
Lip cancer - white patch on the inner lining of the lip on which a hard mass slowly develops.
Palate cancer- persistent sore on the hard palate that may ulcerate.
Tongue cancer - ulcer on the side of the tongue that bleeds occasionally and does not heal.
Screening: is generally recommended for asymptomatic populations goal of which, as usual, is to be able to detect & diagnose oral cancer at an early stage which is potentially curable. Visual screening by healthcare personnel including dentists, general practitioners, oncologists, surgeons etc all is crucial to detect not only early asymptomatic oral cancers but also the oral pre-cancerous lesions including oral submucous fibrosis (OSMF), oral leukoplakia, erythroplakia et al which carry a high risk of malignant transformation to in-situ and invasive cancers.
Diagnosis: a complete physical exam of the local parts basis the features mentioned above arouses suspicion that prompts diagnosis -
Biopsy (punch or removal of mass of tissue (excision) for cytology) clinches the diagnosis of oral cancer. Should there be a neck mass that arises suspicion of a regional metastatic disease, a fine needle biopsy (FNB) can be attempted.
Initial staging workup includes CT, MRI scans etc all. PET CT scan though frequently employed, is not usually used for the initial workup.
A triple endoscopy that includes laryngoscopy, esophagoscopy and bronchoscopy can help definitive staging of the disease. Biopsies obtained during this procedure help confirm the primary diagnosis, define the extent to which the primary site disease has spread, and identify additional pre-malignant lesions and metastasis, if any.
Treatment / Prognosis: preventive measures, earlier diagnosis and right early treatment is key for better prognostication and efficient/ effective therapeutic management of oral cancer. Conventional treatment includes surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy as deems appropriate. Simultaneously, an adjunctive or integrative naturopathic treatment with suitable complementary & alternative medicines (CAM) too can help improve clinical endpoints and facilitate recovery as would be feasible contextually. As seen with other cancers, the site, stage, histopathological grading etc all determine the treatment outlook. The number of micronucleated oral mucosal cells can be a useful biomarker for predicting course of oral pre-cancerous lesions and prognosis thereof.
Prevention: rightly said, prevention is always a better choice. Although genetic risks are difficult to modify, still an increased focus on protective factors and avoidance of the risk factors can be of help. Especially, abstaining from use of tobacco/ products, alcohol, regularly maintaining oral health and hygiene and daily intake of fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables can help prevent a vast majority of oral cancers. Also, timely screening/ detection of the pre-cancerous lesions of the oral cavity and prompt treatment thereof is crucial to preventing a malignant transformation of the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.