I have a friend who is 27 year old. She has high blood sugar. She is insulin dependent. How she will control sugar level? How much calorie she need to take. please suggest diet. weight is 45 kg.

I have a friend who is 27 year old. She has high blood su...
Hye, thanks for the query. For a diabetic it is best advised to have a diet planned as per the sugar levels, lifestyle and history. Though you can follow some guidelines - the sugar levels will fluctuate depending on what you ate or did not eat, stress levels and activity levels. You have to try and manage a balanced carb intake. Have small frequent meals. Do not fast for long hours. You have to eat 3 main and 3 mid meals. Your diet must include whole grains, seasonal fruits, vegetables, small amounts of nuts and dairy and pulses or dals or lean meats like chicken or fish and egg. Starchy vegetables need to be planned into the diet. Avoid a very heavy meal at one time. Avoid fruit juices, aerated drinks or sugarcane juice, honey, jaggery or sugar. Avoid junk foods. Exercise and stay active. Avoid exercise if sugar levels are above 250 mg/dl. Do not attempt to try out too many remedies as you could go into hypoglycaemia. Sleep well. It's all a matter of discipline.