These are symptoms of irritable bowl. Metformin may cause these symptoms. I would recommend to reduce dose of metformin to half of what you are taking. Do not take soda based drinks as it worsens irritable bowl. Try to reduce and gradually stop metformin by following strict diet and exercise. Also I would recommend you to check thyroid tests. Also try to avoid wheat/ maida completely for one month from your diet. This may help you. If still you find problems, please consult some other doctor.
DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopathy Doctor, Hyderabad
You have high blood sugar. *take protein rich food --- seeds, pulses, nuts, also fruits, vegetables, greens and reduce cereals. *green tea is also good.
*avoid sweets, cakes, creams, fried foods, processed food and junk food. Avoid sugary soft drinks, sweetish juices
consult your endocrinologist as soon as possible.
Certificate in Basic Course on Diabetes Management, CCEBDM Certificate in Diabetes, MBBS
General Physician, Pune
For this level you should consult a physicain or a diabetologist, who will have to conduct many other tests related to blood sugar and probable complications of diabetes. Initially insulin injections may also be required. May be temporarily. Otherwise you may land yourself in difficult situation. Treatment will be life long preferably under same doctor for follow up and review.
CCEBDM, PG Diploma In Clinical Cardiology, MBBS, certificate course in rheumatology and joint disorders.
General Physician, Ghaziabad
2. Reduce body wt
3. No smoking/ tobacco
4. Diet - no ghee/ butter, have mix of vegetable oils - mustard, til, ground nut, olive oil, have more green vegetables and fruits, have whole grain atta, no fried. Fast. Spicy / processed/ junk food. No sugar, potato, rice
5. 30 mts brisk walk daily 6. Deep breathing exercise for 10 mts daily
7. Meditation daily for 10 mts. 6-8 hrs of sleep at night
8. Expose your body to sun for 15-20 mts daily after some oil massage to get vit d.
9. Take more water
medicine can not be advised for open question ,for medicine and further advise contact on private consults. Good luck.
MBBS, Advanced Cardiac Life Support ( ACLS ), Clinical Research Scholar, DNB (Cardiothoracic Surgery)
General Physician, Navi Mumbai
Things to be avoided
1. High fat diet
2. Cheese, butter, 3 sweets
4 sweet fruits like mango, banana, chiku, grapes
5. Starch 6 rice- only steamed rice with removal of starch is acceptable and also brown rice. Rest should be avoided
7. Red meat
9. Yellow vegetables like kaddu, yellow pumpkin, sweet potato, normal potato. Use boiled potatoes sometimes
to be used
1. Green leafy vegetables like bhindi, palak, methi, sarso ka saag, soya, tori, karela, lauki, sabhi hari sabjiya
2. Daily exercise
3 refined oil for cooking
4 agar non veg khanà hai to fish, chicken
5 fibre rich diet
drink water daily- keep yourself hydrated.
Thanks for query. Blood sugar is not in control. You should consult to your doctor and medicine should be retitrate. Your fasting should be around 100 and postmeal around 150.
Can consult to us on Lybrate chat.