My sense of taste sometimes became neutral I mean I can't tell the difference between sweet, sour it's like tasteless. I consult to a doctor who done my ct scan but no results come up. Can it be brain related problem it happens once or twice in 3 to 4 months.

A variety of causes can impair taste sensation. Please try to find the appropriate cause - a wide variety of causes exist for impaired taste. Many of the causes involve your respiratory system. Even if you do not have a diagnosed smell disorder, the temporary interruption of smell you experience during a cold or other respiratory illness can impair your sense of taste. The common cold, flu, sinus infections, and throat infections such as strep throat and pharyngitis can all be factors in your experiences of impaired taste. Salivary gland infections may also cause your sense of taste to be? off? other causes of impaired taste include: smoking gum inflammation (such as gingivitis or periodontal disease) medication use (including lithium, thyroid medications, and cancer treatments) sjogren? s syndrome (an autoimmune disease that causes dry mouth and dry eyes) head or ear injuries nutritional deficiencies, especially vitamin b-12 and zinc disorders of the nervous system can also cause you to have an altered sense of taste. Nervous system disorders affect how your nerves send messages to the rest of your body. People diagnosed with certain disorders, including multiple sclerosis and bell? s palsy, may experience impaired taste at times.
May be you should consult a good neurologist.
Tastelessness can have different cause like any oral infection or due to some drug prescription or just an aging phenomenon. So you have to elaborate on medical history so that we can arrive on particular cause for this disease only then can some treatment plan can be decided for you
Differences in taste perceptions may b due to prolonged usage of mouth washes or using d tongue cleaner vigorously so tat your taste buds r damaged. I need to knw abt your other symptoms, your systemic conditions etc, to my knowledge thrs s no brain related probs unless otherwise you reveal al other past medical history of urs its difficult to diagnose. You say its a rare thing. Thn jus think of wat food you tuk out of routine or anyother similarity wit d occurences.