I have detected decompensated cirrhosis of liver with moderate ascites, I had admitted in the hospital for 5 days, at present I have GI ENDOSCOPY and USG the report is normal. Only plain ascites seen. I am taking one aldactone 100 mg after breakfast and one neurobion fort after dinner. Please advice me diet and medicine for the doses. Thanks.

I have detected decompensated cirrhosis of liver with mod...
Hi lybrate-user first of all just hang on brother and never get disheartened by the negative things that we doctors keep on telling patients. Cirrhosis is chronic progressive condition and decompensation means that the condition is showing complications- which in your case is obviously ascites. Most importantly and I cannot overemphasize this more- do not take salt more than 2gms in a day. Your ascites will increase with more salt. Avoid pickles, processed foods, ketchups, chutneys, infact anything that comes out of a packet or bottle has salt as preservative- so that amounts to invisible salt of your diet. Second, take less water. Only 500 to 600 ml more than your urine output. In hospitals we measure that output but at home - we can not. But you can be aware. Take green leafy vegetables- they are good source of vit k. Or you can ask your doctor for vit k inj supplementation. Do not stress. Tc.