Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My mother age is 57 and she has high sugar 354 she is taking a medicine named metformin of 2000 mg. Plus her bp is also high she takes a medicine amlovas for that. Whenever she goes to the doctor they just increases the mg of the medicine. Should we change the doctor.

3 Doctors Answered
Any blood sugar 354 is definitely high. If you think that blood sugar and BP are not controlled then you should take a second openion from another doctor.
Hello, thanks that drug alone is not helping in achie for the query. Madam I have seen the details given. However, the information very scanty. It is necessary to specifically fasting, pp glucose levels and hba1c%. Plus lipid profile, bp readings, extent of physical activity (exercise). Metformin 2000 mg is a fairly high dose. If that is not helping in achieving desired control then there is a need to upgrade the treatment. So you may consider changing the doctor locally. Or you may send the above details on line here, so that I can give a specific guidance and if required even prescribe necessary drugs. Ideally in a well controlled diabetes patient fasting glucose should be < 100 mg or closer to 100 mg, pp should be 150 mg to 170 mg and hba1c% < 6.8% thanks.
2 people found this helpful
According to the report, blood sugar is to high. But you need to give fbs ppbs hba1c and s creatinine to give a fair treatment. Treatment line to be changed. You can do the blood test and change the local doc.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.