Tldr: got prescribed antibiotics for tonsils affected by viral. Throat ache, fever, ear pain, mild cold and cough. I got throat pain (without cold), fever (101°c) and body ache four days ago. I only took paracetamol that day for the fever, no other medicines. Yesterday night, temperature had dropped down to 98.8°c without taking paracetamol all day and my throat was feeling better. But today morning, I woke up with a mild cold and pain in my left ear, and a slight cough. Throat pain has reduced. I consulted a doctor and he said I have a viral and my tonsils are infected. But, he prescribed an antibiotic augmentin and ear drops otek ac neo (which is apparently an anaesthetic+antibiotic). My concern is, should I take the five day antibiotic course? I'm worried that it's unnecessary and I might grow resistant to the antibiotic/side effects. The throat and ear ache is constant, but not severe. Sharp pain in ear when I burp.

Yes better take 5 days antibiotic course.
You need to take the antibiotic and it is not unnecessary.
You need to take the entire 5 day antibiotic course and for the throat pain you can gargle with luke warm salt water.
Take the 5 day oral antibiotic course ,rest assured you will develop no antibiotic resistence. Stop taking the ear drops they are of no use. See basicaly you started of with a throat infection now since the middle ear and throat are connected with a tube, your throat infection reached your middle ear. Ear drops are meant for conditions of the outer ear so its simple, no need of ear drops. And by the way no side effectsof antibiotic just take any b-complex capsule once daily with the antibiotic .consult a pain specialist.