Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

In April month one day morning when I went to washroom my mom locked me outside the washroom without seeing me. I was in washroom for about 15 minutes. I shouted later she opened the washroom door. I am really scared. This happened in my house in vizag in apartment 1st floor. Before we were going to bangalore this happed few days ago. Since then I am scared. In Bangalore both my brothers took me to a famous gold medalist psychiatrist Dr. he has given mouth melting sedative tablets. He told us consult local psychiatrist. At present I am taking fluoxetine 40 mg and amisulpride tablets. How to overcome fear from this kind of situation?

3 Doctors Answered
As per your history, you are suffering from agoraphobia in which patient fearful to crowed n closed space. This is treatable you should consult nearby psychiatrist & also take help psychologist for behaviour therapy. Further assessment is required.
5 people found this helpful
You should go for psychotherapy (cbt). Psychotherapy is very effective in anxiety, phobia, panic attacks. You have to take to qualified clinical psychologist. You can take online also.
A psychologist can help you to overcome this fear of closed places.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.