Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Psychologists online in Indore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Tripathi
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev TripathiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
We as individuals are unique and blessed with independent thoughts and intellect, which help us in making decisions in life. One of the biggest decisions in life that we have to make is choosing a life partner. We may have to go through several proposals and meet lots of people before we are able to make this crucial choice and select an ideal partner to spend the rest of your life with. Many times, such decisions are made sooner and at sometimes we may have to seek the opinion of our friends, relatives and well-wishers to be able to find the perfect match.
In all cases, what really matters is that the relationship that we have build has to be strong enough to last a lifetime and that if there is any problem between the couple, they should be able to resolve it amicably, with understanding and maturity. In order to forge relationships that can last, the beginning of the association has to be crucial. There are a number of ways in which you can ensure that the beginning is smooth and that the rest of your lives are also spent in happiness.
The importance of counselling
In the modern times, when couples expect a lot more than couples of the olden times, it becomes extremely important to make sure that the couplevisits a marriage counsellor in time and is given an opportunity to get to know each other in a better manner. Here are a few ways in which counselling may be a boon for newly acquainted couples who are to get married.
- The counselling may help them realise their similarities and also understand what their strong points as a couple
- The session of understanding each other may also aid in knowing what they expect from each other in the long term rather than finding out the difficult way.
- It may also help in understanding the importance of amicable family relationships and how close and extended families help in the making of long and strong relationships.
- The pre-marriage counselling provided to couples also ensures that they are able to get a healthy and transparent forum to be able to know each other and understand what they can expect from life if they are together.
Getting the right kind of help
Although parents and elders usually advise the couple before they get married, it is important to make sure that formal counselling is also received from an expert in the field of psychology. When you choose to go to a worthy and trusted expert, you are able to ensure that the best methods of opening up to each other are used and that the session remains fruitful for the couple as well as their families in the long term. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have a problem of ocd since 5 years. I have three thoughts that disturbed me always. It is increasing day by day. In 2012, it was only one problem but in 2015 it becomes 2 and in2016 it becomes 3. My problem is that one day I was talking to my sister suddenly I was thinking something and looking at my sister but my sister fold her hands then I thought my sister is thinking that I am staring her chest. That thought creates in my mind in 2015. Till now, when I talk to any lady then I started look her chest. I am helpless. I can't control because that thought remains in my mind. Although I tried my best. But I can't control. This problem destroyed my whole life. I have taken treatment from two doctors in past but no benefit. I am am educated person having good job and engineering degree. Now, I just want to commit suicide. But I want to live. I don't want to die. Please help me.
I am 21 years old male and I am suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder, social anxiety and panic disorder for 2 months. please give your best idea to cure it.
I have OCD for past 7 years. My OCD triggered only during my exams. Last year I took prodep 20 mg one month before exams and then stopped. I have my exams in February, I have OCD attack not able to concentrate on studies. Is it ok to use prodep 20 mg for 1 month. I saw in internet that it cause many side effects like loss of libido and erectile dysfunction.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence.
Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
- Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
- Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
- Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
- Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self-confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
- Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colors or the ability of coloring within the lines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!