Maintain a healthier lifestyle!
Explore Natural Products recommended by Top Health Experts.

I am 34 year old lactating mother. Baby is nearly 3 months old. I have been feeding her properly since her birth. 10 days ago I noticed itching and rashes on both of my hands. I thought it is normal, but second day the itching aggravated and rashes became elevated on both hands with severe rashes and bumps. I immediately consulted the doctor and he prescribed antibiotic (amoxicillin _ Potassium clauvinate 625 mg twice a day and Prutrip 10 mg once daily along with uniplex ayurvedic lotion). Things didn’t improve at all even after the course of 5 days with medicines were completed. Then I consulted another doctor. He said that this is fungal infection. He again prescribed the same antibiotic with another brand name for 5 days, along with levocetrize twice daily for 5 days. He also prescribed betnovate gm and lulimac cream to be applied on skin once daily after after washing the affected site with potassium permanganate. The rashes and itching on the hands have subsided, but I feel itching and rashes on other parts of the body including the breast area and stomach. I am troubled with itching and more concerned about baby. Kindly suggest the remedy. Kindly also let me know if it is fungal infection, why antibiotics are being administered.

No. Treatment depends on the severity. Fungal infection or Ring worm. When occurs in groin, called as jock itch. Usually fungal infection is common in moist areas of body like skin folds. It's mostly circular or round in appearance. May be red or black in colour. Treatment depending on the type and severity. Avoid sharing clothes, towels and soap; sweating also increases it. As it has to be differentiated from eczema and infection, its a must to see and confirm the diagnosis for proper treatment. So, please send photos of the affected area by direct online consultation for accurate diagnosis and treatment.