Hello, Thanks for the query.
Following are the precautions to be taken by a person with diabetes:
1) First and foremost is to take prescribed medications in the specific manner, without fail.
2) Take a planned restricted diet
, that provides exact amount of calories as needed. In your case the total caloric intake has to be about 1120 calories, as your ideal body weight has to be about 55 kgs. With a BMI of 27.91 kgs/Sq meter, you have an excess of 12 kgs.
3) Avoid sweets, deep fried foods, foods made of maida, bakery items, pastries, junk foods and colas. 4) Increase the intake of green leafy vegetables, salads and fruits. Also use whole grain flour for roti and chapati.
5) Exercise for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour every day. The more you do better it is. Brisk walking is one of the easiest exercise.
6) Refrain from alcohol and smoking