I have been gaining a lot of weight. I also have insulin resistance. I am unable to lose weight because I cannot control my diet. Please give me some tips om how to lose weight and how to curb the sweet cravings and resist oily food. By the way, I am only 20 years old and I weigh 69 kgs.

You are overweight by 10-12 kgs and yes this needs to be corrected to improve insulin resistance. You can start with avoiding simple sugars as far as possible, Eating Out' less, avoiding junk and have good quantity of fresh foods which are not processed like fruits, vegetables, soups, salads, nuts, low fat milk, curd etc. Combine these dietary changes with 30 -40 mins walk. If you wish to lose weight under professional guidance with diet plans which have food of your choice, you should opt for a customised diet program. We cannot draft and send a diet plan here as it needs lot of information, needs calculations and is a time taking process. You can consult me directly through Lybrate Private Consult if interested.