Maintain a healthier lifestyle!
Explore Natural Products recommended by Top Health Experts.

I am 59 year old female twice operated (open surgery) for gallbladder removal and appendix in 1998& 2015. Now diagnose with hernia at the same place where last operation of appendix happen. I am also thyroid patient, sugar and fatty liver and overweight too. Want to understand what is the risk in my hernia operation.

Hello hernia is caused by weakness in the muscle over your abdomen, in your case caused by previous surgeries, it is called as incisional hernia over weight and obesity increases the chance of weakness. Also abnormal thyroid profile causes impaired drug metabolism causing anesthesia problems so your thyroid profile has to be corrected before surgery. Surgery may be a laproscopic or open depending on the choice of surgeon or financial abilities of the patient. Surgery includes placing an artificial mesh to guard the area of weakness. So my advice is correct your thyroid profile and plan for surgery. Leave a positive comment if useful.