I have a pain at my left side which starts from waist and via thigh and leg it ends at foot. I am experiencing the pain for the last 5-6 years. I work in a PSU bank and so I was posted in small towns in North-East India at that period and the problem was unattended and I took sometimes pain killers and sometimes Patanjali medicines. Now the pain occurs 2-3 times a year mainly in winter. For the last 3 times my waist got twisted slightly and I was unable to walk due to severe pain. This time it gets worse as I am unable to walk, move and sleep at night. This time I consulted with a renowned Homeopath and he diagnosed it as sciatica pain and gave me uric acid, creatinine, x-ray and MRI tests of which uric acid and creatinine are normal, MRI not done till now and the x-ray report says the following: Posterior osteophytes are noted in L2 and L3. L2-3 disk space appears slightly reduced. Please advise me that should I continue with homeopathy or I should consult with a neurologist?

I have a pain at my left side which starts from waist and...
Hi there radiating pain mainly occurs when there is compression of nerves because of disc space reduction in lumbar region commonly seen at L2-L5 at any level. I would suggest you to consult a neurologist for better prognosis of the condition and further treatment. You can try physiotherapy treatment as it has given ease from pain and improved condition of many patients with same condition. Hope you get well soon.