I am 26 year old male. I do not smoke and drink alcohol. I get a foul smell from back of my tongue only if I don't take any food for 2 hours. The foul smell reduces if I consume any food. I underwent deep cleaning of my tooth. Please let me know whats the root cause of it and how do I get it cured?
- For your problem maintain oral hygiene
- brush your teeth after every meal or at least twice a day
- use a tongue scraper to clean the back of your tongue
- do Listerine gargles with warm water 2-3 times a day
- avoid raw onion, garlic & dairy products for few days till problem is better
- have plenty of oral fluids including 7-8 glasses of water.
Make a habit of rinsing your mouth thoroughly after taking your meal with mouthwash or warm saline water so that you are not left with food debris insde your mouth after you take your meal. Also start cleaning your tongue with tongue cleaner. If the problem is solved good otherwise consult a dentist for quick solution.
Get scaling polishing done by a dentist than brush twice daily especially at night use betadine mouth wash drink plenty of water.
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Bad Breath treatment