Bad breath can be a real deal breaker in personal and professional lives, both. Yet, we normally want to even admit that we suffer from the complaint or do something about it. But, bad breath doesn’t go away by itself and homoeopathy has some of the best remedies available to fix it. Let’s take a look.
Bad breath is a medical condition and is called halitosis. In common speak, bad breath refers to foul odour of any kind that is exhaled out from your mouth. The causes of halitosis can be –
- Poor dental hygiene
- Chewing tobacco
- Eating garlic, radish, onion, spices
- Dry mouth
- Decayed teeth
- Mouth ulcers
- Gum infections like Gingivitis and Pyorrhoea
- Sinus infections
- Throat infections
- Post-nasal drip
Top Homeopathic Remedies For Bad Breath!
Bad breath is usually managed by using mouthwashes, mint gums etc. but these are just temporary solutions to a sticky condition. Homoeopathic remedies can provide a permanent cure for bad breath. The alternate system of healing cures halitosis by identifying the root cause of the problem and tackling it with natural Homeopathic medicines like-
- Merc Sol: This is the best Homeopathic remedy for bad breath which is accompanied by a moist mouth due to increased saliva production with an offensive odour. The salivary glands are found to be overactive and produce saliva in high amounts. Along with excessive saliva production, the patient also feels thirsty all the time. Merc Sol also helps in treating bad breath due to dental problems like tooth decay and gum infections along with spongy, bleeding gums as well as treating halitosis with ulcers in the mouth.
- Pulsatilla: This is an excellent Homeopathic medicine for bad breath with dry mouth. Also, the patient has no desire to drink water despite a dry mouth, which only adds to the offensiveness of the odour. The tongue is covered with thick mucus. The taste of mouth also varies from salty, bitter and foul or in a few cases, having no taste at all.
- Kreosote: A good Homeopathic remedy for bad breath due to decayed teeth or caries. This remedy is indicated when a patient complains of bleeding from gums along with decayed teeth. Bitter taste in mouth is also frequently noticed.
- Hepar Sulph and Carbo Veg: Homeopathic remedies par excellence for bad breath with gum infections like Gingivitis or inflamed gums and Pyorrhoea Alveolaris which causes discharge of pus and/or blood from gums. Hepar Sulph is indicated when only pus is discharged from the gums with offensive breath. It helps in absorption of the pus from gums, thereby reducing the intensity of bad breath. Carbo Veg is the best Homeopathic remedy to treat foul breath associated due to the discharge of both pus and blood from gums.
- Carbolic Acid: This Homoeopathic treatment is effective in treating bad breath with constipation. The accompanying symptoms include a bloated abdomen due to constipation and excessive wind.
- Belladona and Hepar Sulph: Homeopathic medicines for bad breath due to throat infections like tonsillitis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!